Question please!!!

Reaction score
If there's no app or anything you can use with the original Phantom 2 then how do you know when you're in GPS lock or home lock or any of that good stuff like sattelites?? Or is there an app for flight info , just no camera??

Read up the manual explains it all

If there's no app or anything you can use with the original Phantom 2 then how do you know when you're in GPS lock or home lock or any of that good stuff like sattelites?? Or is there an app for flight info , just no camera??

Most of us who fly the P2 non-vision used FPV system which allowed us to see when we had 6 or more GPS satellites for home lock and takeoff. A first-person view system consisted of a 5.8GHz video transmitter, mini iOSD, and either a single or dual receiver/monitor.

Here's a video I made of the startup sequence I also use IOC so when you a switch from slow flashing green to yellow and back to green I have turned on/off IOC. The slow flashing green or yellow means I have 6 or more satellites for takeoff.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool video and nice Phantom.. so there is no way at all to get the flight information live like you have in the bottom right-hand corner for the Phantom 2? I'm not talkin about video just the information... can I get it on my Vision ?

Cool video and nice Phantom.. so there is no way at all to get the flight information live like you have in the bottom right-hand corner for the Phantom 2? I'm not talkin about video just the information... can I get it on my Vision ?

Since I am not formalized with the P2 Vision as this thread is for those with a P2 non-vision. I would think you'd need a working camera not only see what you are recording but also to see the telemetry on a cell phone app.

Did buy these units not fully knowing the difference between the two P2s? Have you download the software because you are going to need them to make calibrations before you even try to fly one of these.

Where do you live?

Since I am not formalized with the P2 Vision as this thread is for those with a P2 non-vision. I would think you'd need a working camera not only see what you are recording but also to see the telemetry on a cell phone app.

Did buy these units not fully knowing the difference between the two P2s? Have you download the software because you are going to need them to make calibrations before you even try to fly one of these.

Where do you live?
Sorry for the late reply .... I bought both of them online locally and was only told they were 2 dji phantoms and only one worked but to use the other one for parts... I'm in Ontario Canada and I paid $150 for both and all the baggy accessories. When i picked them up they were both in boxes one was a phantom 2 box and the other box was a phantom 3. As I walked a few blocks home with both excited and also in shock I scored such a good deal I didnt want to attract too much attention with 2 massive white boxes (impossible) and get robbed and all that lol. Turned out it was a ph 2 and a ph vision. From there I started my research and learning the models differences. I got both of them flying so that was a bonus . However since the purchase date the ph2 has flown away and hasn't been seen or heard from. And the vision randomly dropped and stopped working. Whitch I found out was its battery because my friend borrowed the battery and his power dropped randomly as well . So that battery is gone and I just recently scored my latest and probably my last phantom whitch is legit new and was never flown it's a vision + with the silver better camera so I'm hoping now I can use the app and view my flight info and see connection signals ect. Because I didnt get half as far as what I seen or heard people get with the phantom and I have no idea why... but hoping we all good to go now! Stressful hobby mate lol.. will update you shortly. Thanks lookin forward to hearing from u again. Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers