QUESTION: how cold is to cold to fly..??..tips and tricks..??..

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fplvert,
Yup,. I have a stack of them bad-boys myself, ready for the near fall.
Snow fall that is. Hehe
Stick them in my Irish Setter hunting boots mostly. ;-)
Toasty toes make happy Pilots.

RedHotPoker

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lucs and m_dazel
C'mon man... what you posted says "Edmonton is the most northerly city in North America" and he's in the UK. You guys are about the same latitude anyways. ;)
Go Oilers! :)

Yeah maybe Captain, but I would never leave out MAJOR, Major. ;-)

That would be a C minor mistake, hehe

RedHotPoker

Wibble, you are so far off topic and so challenging / negative .. first you questioned some ones description on there local .. then PHONES .. PLEASE get some kind of help .. or get on topic .. just-say-in

Whats funny is all I have encountered is postive response when flying my drone. I have been approached many times and all are in awe of the device and have tons of questions. Not one negative response yet but when a news story surfaces about someone flying near a plane all go nuts and rightly so but sadly its likely not to be true. Not sure why anyone would lie about it but the facts simply do not appear to be real!

Well I never really fly near people but when I have not one person has come near or even asked me a question - rather disappointing. Maybe I am scary looking and they think I am going to eat them???

Me challenging?
Hmmmmm...............

56652201.jpg

Reactions: Denver_Flight
& we're not here to babysit your panty waist! J/K

Ok, belly up to the bar boys. ;-)

Haha ah, man too funny.
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Wibble
RedHot you sure you just stick those warmers in your boots? Or is that where you get your name from lol???
On second thoughts do we really want to know why you are called RedHotPoker??? Err umm yes!!!

image.jpeg
Flower-Power. I'm an old Hippie from the '60's generation. ;-)

By the way,
What happened in Vegas, stays in Lost Wages. . .
image.jpeg

Hahaha, one goes in the pipe, the other stokes the flame, Sparky.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Fplvert
Going by your handle, I'm guessing Deep South.
You don't read too good, eh, Amigo? Comprende 'Major' city.
Which towns and villages are you speaking about? Reserves don't count. Talking sprawling-thriving metropolis here. Oil capital of Alberta, perhaps Canada. A large place, with a few nice landing strips.
Please come on up and visit some time.
Bring your Phantom and lots of batteries. ;-)

Soon, people will be living in or on Mars, & even then, they still won't have a major city. But might win for most northernly outpost. Past the INTERNATIONAL Space Station.

Ground Control to 'Major Tom'

RedHotPoker

Going by your handle, I'm guessing Deep South.
You don't read too good, eh, Amigo? Comprende 'Major' city.
Which towns and villages are you speaking about? Reserves don't count. Talking sprawling-thriving metropolis here. Oil capital of Alberta, perhaps Canada. A large place, with a few nice landing strips.
Please come on up and visit some time.
Bring your Phantom and lots of batteries. ;-)

Soon, people will be living in or on Mars, & even then, they still won't have a major city. But might win for most northernly outpost. Past the INTERNATIONAL Space Station.

Ground Control to 'Major Tom'

RedHotPoker
What's a major city to you? Anchorage comes to mind at 63 north with more then 250,000, another 100,000 in surrounding area, probably others as well, but maybe that's a little village to you.

Ok, it's new day. And not to argue the point ad nausea. . . Numbers.
Yes, let's set the bench mark at 1,000,000 souls, as that's a nice round number. ;-)

No problemo. Go count heads. Hehe

RedHotPoker

ok ok so here it is: so how cold is too cold .. if you have .. what did you learn .. flying in the snow .. tips and tricks...!!! ;-)

PLEASE...save your belittling of all pilots in this thread .. it is a question to open a discussion based on experience and experiments .. and not what is in the manual .. pilots can read .. and are smart enough to do it on their own .. without being told they should do it .. RIGHT .. and so telling them it is in the manual is not only off topic and belittling / degrading .. it is simply letting all pilots in the thread know that you think you are better or smarter than them because you can and have read the manual .. REALLY .. if you have or are smart enough to have read it or not has NOTHING to do with the conversation .. just-say-in .. BIG THANKS to all my fellow pilots for your impute...!!! ;-)

ok ok so here it is: so how cold is too cold .. if you have .. what did you learn .. flying in the snow .. tips and tricks...!!! ;-)

PLEASE...save your belittling of all pilots in this thread .. it is a question to open a discussion based on experience and experiments .. and not what is in the manual .. pilots can read .. and are smart enough to do it on their own .. without being told they should do it .. RIGHT .. and so telling them it is in the manual is not only off topic and belittling / degrading .. it is simply letting all pilots in the thread know that you think you are better or smarter than them because you can and have read the manual .. REALLY .. if you have or are smart enough to have read it or not has NOTHING to do with the conversation .. just-say-in .. BIG THANKS to all my fellow pilots for your impute...!!! ;-)

ok ok so here it is: I was trying to reply to a post that were so off topic and have been for two days now .. looks like the site has double posted it .. they were replies to the ones that are getting a kick out of this activity .. some of us would like to talk about the subject that started the thread .. so if you would like to talk about some thing else (northern citys) start a thread about it .. and let us use this thread for what it was intended...REMINDER BELOW...

Last edited:
Since the OP has helped to sabotage his own thread by removing the first post and appears to not want the information given to him, and the fact no one can stay on topic, this thread is closed.

56772666.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4