Question about new firmware and NFZ

Reaction score
I live 4 miles from an airport that is class E starting at 700ft. So I am in class G airspace up to 700. The airport manager gave me his email address for notification purposes so I simply email him with time and place of flight (that is usually within 2 to 5 miles of the airport) and he always replies with "thanks for the advance notice" with a reminder to stay below 400ft. The question is will the firmware update allow my drones to fly without a hassle. I don't want to update and do not want to purchase a new drone until I know. Will appreciate any advise.

All Phantom 3 have at least a little NFZ in them. Older FW like 1.3 was less invasive. From 1.4 to around 1.7 it got a little worse, and 1.8 up is the most aggravation with them............just my opinion.

Thanks for the reply. I have no problem with Xing out a notification, notifications are a good thing. What I don't want is to be in legal air space and not be able to fly because of software not discriminating between class G surface to 700ft and class E 700ft.overhead.

Early versions only had a notification. Later versions forced you to log in to your DJI account, and get ok from DJI to fly in NFZ even if you had permission.

There is no permission required just notification for recreational pilots which is not reqiured for 107 certified pilots. Class G is not controlled air space. So from what I gather is Dji still requiers their permission because it cant tell one fromthe other. I guess this is what I a tying to find out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl