Question about lubricating the motor bearings

Something else to worry about now!!!!
When I started flying my PV2+ about nine months ago I was very carefree and it was great fun, the more I learn about things that could go wrong the more nervous a pilot I have become.
I put it up today to have a look at a possible area that may be leaking on the roof and the slightest bit of wind that made it deviate slightly I convinced myself it was going to do a "fly away". I did get some useful pictures, but my arse was winking like a ferrets eye.

Yes lubricating wears down your bearings faster as it attracts dust and dirt and will only help wear them out quicker, and has been said are sealed bearings and a waste of time lubricating them.

Want to damage your bearings go ahead and lubricant them.

Very late to this thread..

Want to point out: Most people use the wrong lube on ELECTRIC motors. Lube which could attract dust and hurt the wrapping in the stator. There is NOTHING wrong with using electric motor lube on electric motors. Its nothing like conventional lube. This is probably why some say it ruins motors because most oils will ruin motors or engines of any kind of they use the wrong type.

Oil for big electric motors is not going to work for small electric motors. Yes, they make oil specifically for small electric motors and high speed ones..

I've seen quite a few people use the wrong lube on electric motors.. even wd40.. which yes displaces moisture, but is made to leave a residue ( which inhibits rust ) that also collects small particles.. small electric motor lube doesn't do that..

Yep, two years old and it's STILL a valuable and contemporary thread.
I just got a lot of useful info from it.

If the bearings are sealed, lubricating probably doesn't do squat.
ABSOLUTELY - I'm a newcomer and have a used P3S I bought from a friend; this forum (& MOST YouTube videos) have been a Godsend!
PS; I did see one last night about oiling bearings, (hence my search here) but as they're sealed, and packed with Grease not oil, AND touch wood I have no issues; I'll probably leave well enough alone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers