Phantom 4 Pro camera pointing about 30 degrees right after repair

Reaction score
After damaging the yaw arm, the gimbal flex cable, and the yaw motor flex cable of my P4P, I ordered OEM replacement parts from iRepairMD.com and I followed their "Phantom 4 Pro Plus Gimbal Rebuild" YouTube video showing the repair step-by-step. After completing the repair and performing gimbal and IMU calibration I saw that the camera points about 30 degrees to the right when the aircraft is turned on and initialized. I inspected the aircraft carefully and I see no other damaged or misaligned parts. The aircraft only dropped from a height of 6 feet AGL after contacting a tree limb. In performing the repair work, I did not see any opportunity to accidentally misalign any parts (screws and screw holes keep the parts aligned). While I am very thankful to iRepairMD for providing the video (they are a repair facility themselves), they are not answering my email asking if they have any ideas on how to correct the problem, so I am turning to you, the Phantom community, to see if you have any ideas. Thanks for any help! If you need more info please ask and I'll do my best to answer accurately.

When my p4p camera was not straight it was suggested to to do the gimbal calibration with it tilted on its back almost pointing straight up. It worked like a charm for me. It might for you also.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. It worked! I mean, it straightened out the camera and I have restarted it a few times now and it has started with the camera straight each time, so hopefully it will stay that way. I'll wait for the weather to improve before I test it in the air.
I never would have thought of that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan