Quality ND Filters

Reaction score
I know there has already been alot of threads on this topic. But I want feedback from people who have compared first hand already. I want to know what ND filter are the highest quality, price is not a issue. I had purchased the DitzCo filters and I gotta say Im not to impressed on the quality of the product. Brand new and I can see scratches on the lenses. Which might be fine for most people. But Im a little more particular. If money wasnt a issue would you go with Dji, Snake river, etc..... Heres a oic of the DitzCo filter
70f4d7fcb0db55bd725f0436823ef767.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why not contact DitzCo and get a replacement?

I bought a set from Taco-RC and was not impressed as I saw fingerprints on each and every lens. That speaks about the quality of assembly, forget about other specs.

Submitted a review highlighting the issues but it could not make through the reviews :(

Since you ask, check out the Rainbowers set. Best and most extensive set I've used. No complaints....period.

UV, ND8, ND16, ND32, CPL, ND GR2, ND GR4, adapter, lens cap, case and counterweights.

The professional filter set for the Phantom 3 | DJI Phantom Forum

PRICE:
USD 90 for the complete set. Fast shipping is at USD 28 for countries quoted at maximum DHL-level 7 (mostly all) and no remote places.
TO ORDER:
please make a Paypal payment at paypal account: [email protected] China for USD 118
paypal fee is up to you
TAKE ATTENTION to add in the notes your telephone number and be sure your Paypal address is your correct shipment address. We can not write way bill without telephone number of the contact person.

Last edited:
I have about 6 filters and my favorite one so far is the snake river ND16/CP filter.

Great blue skies, minimal glare and I'm able to slow the shutter speed on video and maintain exposure.

I leave it on most of the time.

Reactions: Fplvert
Has anybody tried out the 7 in 1 Filter Kit from Drone World?

• Industry 1st Variable ND2-400 filter takes the place of (6) other ND filters
  • Commerical film functionality: Twist the lens to change ND filtration level
  • 12 Coatings on Ultra High Definition Glass adds sharpness and are 99% transitive
  • Scratch Resistant and Waterproof
  • Ultra Lightweight ensures smooth gimbal operation
  • Competing brand (PolarPro) has zero coatings
  • Includes custom 3-pack case
Let me know, I am interested, but would like some feedback from any other users.

Thanks

I'm impressed with the snake river nd8 I recently received

The build quality is very good.

I have about 6 filters and my favorite one so far is the snake river ND16/CP filter.

Great blue skies, minimal glare and I'm able to slow the shutter speed on video and maintain exposure.

Thanks gonna check that out

Has anybody tried out the 7 in 1 Filter Kit from Drone World?

• Industry 1st Variable ND2-400 filter takes the place of (6) other ND filters
  • Commerical film functionality: Twist the lens to change ND filtration level
  • 12 Coatings on Ultra High Definition Glass adds sharpness and are 99% transitive
  • Scratch Resistant and Waterproof
  • Ultra Lightweight ensures smooth gimbal operation
  • Competing brand (PolarPro) has zero coatings
  • Includes custom 3-pack case
Let me know, I am interested, but would like some feedback from any other users.

Thanks

What's the weight?

Do you use a counter weight?.... or does the gimbal handle it OK?

I bought a set from Taco-RC and was not impressed as I saw fingerprints on each and every lens. That speaks about the quality of assembly, forget about other specs.

Submitted a review highlighting the issues but it could not make through the reviews :(

Hi, every single filter is checked before shipping to customers. Here is tip to help you clean your filter:
  • Use high-quality disposable lens tissues.
  • Make sure the glass surface has no dust or grit on it.
  • Take a lens tissue, fold it once or twice (depending on size), gently(don't push too much pressure to the glass) wipe with the tissue in a circular pattern starting from the center and moving out to the edge.
Using the standard fabric "lens cleaning cloths" with any liquid is not recommended because dust and grid can become trapped in the fibers and damage the lens or filter on subsequent uses.

Hi, every single filter is checked before shipping to customers. Here is tip to help you clean your filter:
  • Use high-quality disposable lens tissues.
  • Make sure the glass surface has no dust or grit on it.
  • Take a lens tissue, fold it once or twice (depending on size), gently(don't push too much pressure to the glass) wipe with the tissue in a circular pattern starting from the center and moving out to the edge.
Using the standard fabric "lens cleaning cloths" with any liquid is not recommended because dust and grid can become trapped in the fibers and damage the lens or filter on subsequent uses.

I have to agree with @alokbhargava. I received a couple of filters from Taco rc (one for my Osmo and 2 for my P3) that had a little glue on the edges of the lens.

Eventually, the lens came apart from the lens frame, after use.

I didn't return them, as I thought it would be more of a hassle to ship them back to China.

Now, I use SRP's cp/nd8 and graduated 16-8nd filters. Also, just purchased the adjustable Neewer filter for my Osmo.

These are definitely higher quality filters. Sorry, Taco, but I call it like I see it!

Rainbowers did a price reduction

"As the Chinese Yuan is becoming cheaper against the USD we adapted our prices:
Phantom3 pro/adv filter box: USD 84 + USD 25(fast shipping by DHL or TNT max.class7 countries) = USD 109
for contact: [email protected]"

The snake river filters say they weigh 7.5 grams. Will that be a problem for the gimbal?

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

The snake river filters say they weigh 7.5 grams. Will that be a problem for the gimbal?

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app
Good question! I usually take off the stock uv filter when using SR filters although the P3A and P3P gimbals seem to handle the weight fine. The stock filter is about 2 grams.

On a side note, the P3S does not have a uv filter, and the gimbal does not handle the extra weight without counterbalance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl