PV4P

Reaction score
I will be travelling to the west coast in 2 weeks with my new PV4P which should be arriving tomorrow. I realize that I must discharge the batteries but is there a Lipo battery in the controller as well? If so would 2 batteries and a controller put me over the flight restriction limit for carry on baggage?

thanks in advance.

Steve

There is no quantity restriction for these batteries since they aren't that large. Also, you do not need to discharge them before flying.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
No.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I will be travelling to the west coast in 2 weeks with my new PV4P which should be arriving tomorrow. I realize that I must discharge the batteries but is there a Lipo battery in the controller as well? If so would 2 batteries and a controller put me over the flight restriction limit for carry on baggage?

thanks in advance.

Steve
Some more detail on this, any lipo battery that's installed into a product (ipad, phone, drone) and secure is OK to check in baggage. Any lose LIPO batteries that are NOT installed into a product should be individually protected and always carried on for air travel. There is no limit on the number of LIPO batteries you can carry one if they are less than 100WH (P4 is 81WH, P4P is 89WH). If you have batteries larger than 100WH, the limit is TWO per person. Individual protection can simply be individual compartments inside your backpack to prevent anything from touching them to potentiality short the battery. For extra safety, some people put tape over connectors, or other plastic connector guard devices that clip on the battery terminals, etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3