Purchasing Phantom 3 Batteries

Reaction score
I am wanting to purchase some new Phantom 3 batteries but at a loss as where to buy them. First place I looked was Amazon. They had them but won't ship to Alaska. Does anyone know of a reputable vender here in the USA that will ship new batteries to Alaska? Is it possible to know if there are good brand names for the batteries?

There are 17 sellers on this Amazon listing (including Amazon). Are you sure none of them ship to Alaska?

Reactions: Sea Pilot
Thank you. This is the message in red on the Amazon site:
This item requires special handling and cannot be shipped to your selected location.

They are also available from an authorized DJI dealer here on eBay.

Ebay has a good price, wonder when they say "DJI original" is that the truth? I have heard of horror stories from buying from ebay and being able to return faulty products. Have you had any success with them?

wonder when they say "DJI original"
Well, I guess they want people to know they are OEM DJI batteries. Many people aren't interested in buying 3rd party batteries.

Have you had any success with them?
I haven't purchased from that eBay listing, but I've bought many things on eBay in the past. It's a great place to shop.

Thank you msinger, I will just have to give it a try and hope for the best. I do like to buy OEM if at all possible but not afraid to buy from a good reputable vendor. Appreciate all of the help that you have given to me.

Reactions: msinger
Myself and 9 others in our club with P3's .. all bought batterys of eBay .... the only battery that failed in fact was a DJI original supplied with the P3A.

But sadly the seller we used no longer sells DJI batterys ... Keundle. I know he had some bad feedback - which I suspect was just some ******'s trying to get free gear ... and he sold many other items.

There are many people buying of eBay and have good results. Use Paypal and especially if its a Credit Card action ... you have 3 ways to hit back if cheated ... CC .. PP ... eBay ...

I know its in UK .... but I am seeing a lot of times adverts for Green Cell P3 batterys ... and price is not so bad ...

I have 3 batterys at moment that seem to be holding up well .... so not an urgent matter for me yet.

I know its in UK .... but I am seeing a lot of times adverts for Green Cell P3 batterys ... and price is not so bad ...

I have 3 batterys at moment that seem to be holding up well .... so not an urgent matter for me yet.
I haven't seen the brand Green Cell on ebay here in the US. Possibly they are only available in the UK? Is there a good way to find out whether the brands are of good quality or does one just have to chance it? What brand names have worked well for you and your club members?

kuentl was a very good brand for us .... but like I say - he stopped selling DJI compatible batts.

Given the batterys look identical to OEM ... I have a feeling he may have had, like others, access to production.

I've heard reasonable about Powerextra batts ...

I think one of the problems is that eg Amazon .... Despite their claim to be 'whiter than white' - they are not. There are many examples of clone / rubbish items of all sorts sold by Amazon sellers. People forget that in reality Amazon are really just a fancy eBay style outlet.
Second that any 3rd party seller cannot always g'tee stock from same source. That's why you see one person saying their P3 battery has the Y shaped LED's while another says they have the normal I shaped LED's from same seller.

I also think that many people who buy 3rd party batterys are shy of posting they do because of the typical backlash that gets posted about falling from the sky etc. (Total rubbish by the way - I don't believe it. I've been crashing and causing mayhem on RC fields for over 50 years and its as rare as Rocking Horse **** to know exactly why a crash occurs unless its a mid-air or you switch of radio !! Too often I have said what caused crash on the field but then when I analyse the vids - find its something else.)

There are claims that DJI FW detects non original batterys ... again thats rare .. so rare in fact - I do not count it. I accept that a real poor copy may do that ... but for most I don't think it would happen.

Lets be honest - reverse engineering a smart board is not hard for a suitably equipped factory to do ... and also Chinese factorys are not averse to running two lines ... OEM and another !!

Personally I would decide on a reasonably priced budget 3rd party and give it a try. But that's me !!

I've heard reasonable about Powerextra batts ...

I think one of the problems is that eg Amazon .... Despite their claim to be 'whiter than white' - they are not. There are many examples of clone / rubbish items of all sorts sold by Amazon sellers. People forget that in reality Amazon are really just a fancy eBay style outlet.
Second that any 3rd party seller cannot always g'tee stock from same source. That's why you see one person saying their P3 battery has the Y shaped LED's while another says they have the normal I shaped LED's from same seller.

I also think that many people who buy 3rd party batterys are shy of posting they do because of the typical backlash that gets posted about falling from the sky etc. (Total rubbish by the way - I don't believe it. I've been crashing and causing mayhem on RC fields for over 50 years and its as rare as Rocking Horse **** to know exactly why a crash occurs unless its a mid-air or you switch of radio !! Too often I have said what caused crash on the field but then when I analyse the vids - find its something else.)

There are claims that DJI FW detects non original batterys ... again thats rare .. so rare in fact - I do not count it. I accept that a real poor copy may do that ... but for most I don't think it would happen.

Lets be honest - reverse engineering a smart board is not hard for a suitably equipped factory to do ... and also Chinese factorys are not averse to running two lines ... OEM and another !!

Personally I would decide on a reasonably priced budget 3rd party and give it a try. But that's me !!
Good advice my friend, thanks so much!

I just got 2 new dji batterrys from best buy, 3 weeks ago.
I just check they are still a dji close out item at best buy for 82.00 online.Took abt 6 days to get I am very happy with them.Get them fast when they gone the gone.

I was scare of those copy cat batterrys , bad reports on u tube.

Youtube .... the worlds most truthful site !! Like Wiki :eek:

May I suggest not believing everything you see online ?

So often on Youtube - if you look closely or consider carefully whats presented - its not always as straight as they claim.

EVERY DJI owner I know personally has MORE 3rd party batterys than originals ... and none I know of have failed.

I am not trying to convince the world to only buy 3rd party ... what I am doing is trying to counter a lot of the misinformation spread about them. So often posts say :
"I will not buy 3rd party because .... "
Which in reality says - "I have no real personal experience of 3rd party - I just choose to stay with original ...."

I honestly believe that many 3rd party users who have absolutely no trouble with them ... and I suggest are a lot - are reluctant to say they do because of the 'flak'.

Reactions: closetmonster
I have 3 PowerExtra batteries that I got from Amazon. They perform exactly like my original DJI battery. When I got them they were about half the cost of DJI batteries. Lately though the price of aftermarket batteries seems to be getting higher probably because DJI doesn’t seem to be selling P3 batteries anymore.

The only thing I have noticed is that the battery health over time is decreasing faster for my PowerExtra batteries than for my DJI one according to AirData.

Chris

I have 3 PowerExtra batteries that I got from Amazon. They perform exactly like my original DJI battery. When I got them they were about half the cost of DJI batteries. Lately though the price of aftermarket batteries seems to be getting higher probably because DJI doesn’t seem to be selling P3 batteries anymore.

The only thing I have noticed is that the battery health over time is decreasing faster for my PowerExtra batteries than for my DJI one according to AirData.

Chris

Dunno about you - but I tend to find latterly I use my after market more than the original .. you ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic