Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Help.

Re: Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Hel

smatty2023 said:
These look a great piece of kit, has anyone actually regretted buying them?.

Lol. Is this the same cry for help that's going through my head.

I can't afford them right now so I desperately need someone to tell me "the technology just isn't ready yet".

STOP SAYING ITS GREAT!!! My bank balance can't cope.

;)

Have been happy with mine so far, would prefer the preview screen filled the
whole space available, but compared to trying to view with my iPad mini, iPhone or
the Galaxy tab I tried, they are so much better.

Ordered some prescription lenses for the supplied frames, £39 from Specsavers UK

Also speaking with a guy from Epson US, who I think is the Moverio product manager,
he says they are in talks with DJI, and hoping to get a custom DJI app for the Moverio glasses :)

Dave

mitchsden said:
Have been happy with mine so far, would prefer the preview screen filled the
whole space available, but compared to trying to view with my iPad mini, iPhone or
the Galaxy tab I tried, they are so much better.

Ordered some prescription lenses for the supplied frames, £39 from Specsavers UK

Also speaking with a guy from Epson US, who I think is the Moverio product manager,
he says they are in talks with DJI, and hoping to get a custom DJI app for the Moverio glasses :)

Dave

*groan*

Another nail in the coffin.

Have been searching FPV forum for a couple of days now looking for best set up. Still confused but am leaning towards Moverio glasses. I want to avoid the problem I've had with my android phone, which seems to freeze quite often even with the 15fps setting.Will i need antennas or wi fi boosters or what to prevent this happening with the glasses? If yes which ones?
Thanks in advance to everyone that may help.

Walksalot said:
Have been searching FPV forum for a couple of days now looking for best set up. Still confused but am leaning towards Moverio glasses. I want to avoid the problem I've had with my android phone, which seems to freeze quite often even with the 15fps setting.Will i need antennas or wi fi boosters or what to prevent this happening with the glasses? If yes which ones?
Thanks in advance to everyone that may help.

All I can say is my Moverios don't freeze. I'm getting the pilot end kit from FLPVR, but that has nothing to do with the Moverios communicating with the wifi range extender. So whatever is happening with your phone, doesn't happen to me with the Moverios.

Thanks for that, guess I'll have to buy them then.

Two primary issues with FPV over tablet or my Iphone: Depth perception and ability to see details that seemed to be so obvious when viewing the actual recorded footage later on the computer. (details i.e. people below in kayaks near small falls and whitecaps that I totally missed while squinting at the Iphone). And depth perception..always seems Im SO close to an object in Iphone FPV but when I look up and over at the drone...Im always about 15 feet further away in real life than the FPV makes it seem.

Do the Moverio's help with this?

phantomguy said:
Two primary issues with FPV over tablet or my Iphone: Depth perception and ability to see details that seemed to be so obvious when viewing the actual recorded footage later on the computer. (details i.e. people below in kayaks near small falls and whitecaps that I totally missed while squinting at the Iphone). And depth perception..always seems Im SO close to an object in Iphone FPV but when I look up and over at the drone...Im always about 15 feet further away in real life than the FPV makes it seem.

Do the Moverio's help with this?

No, it's the same app only much bigger and easy to see, in front of your eyes.

So how do these fair with the new waypoint app, in particular you have to connect them to the internet to download the map to make them work. I'm assuming they need to be on wifi connected to the internet to do this?. Can you download a large chunk of the area you live in before you go out?

Hi Doono
What are you getting from FLPVR, aerials obviously but what sort and what are you improving as a result?

Walksalot said:
Hi Doono
What are you getting from FLPVR, aerials obviously but what sort and what are you improving as a result?

They will give me more distance before control/FPV cut out. There's 2 aerials for the FPV camera control and video stream to phone/tablet/glasses. And one for controlling the Phantom's flight.

Attachments

• stage2install-500x500.jpg
    stage2install-500x500.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 776

smatty2023 said:
So how do these fair with the new waypoint app, in particular you have to connect them to the internet to download the map to make them work. I'm assuming they need to be on wifi connected to the internet to do this?. Can you download a large chunk of the area you live in before you go out?

Spent an hour trying to swipe left to access the waypoint screen, it pops up for a milli second then goes to
the initial first camera and settings screen.

In theory yes for the maps, I did have google maps working on them, but this would needed to be done on
a Wi-Fi connection before you connect to the Phantom network at the flying site.

I had hoped they would also let me use my iPhone as a Wi-Fi hotspot if needed, but they refuse to stay
connected, just say connected and then drop the connection, and forever repeat this.

Although I am in the UK, I tweeted the Moverio product manager in the USA, he said he will speak with
DJI to see if anything can be done.

I am on a 30 day refund deal, so today they are going back, if Epson can get DJI to write a custom app,
I will proberbly re-purchase again. Just too many small issues for me :(

FPV Screen off centre and not sized correctly
Radar screen not working correctly, and jumping about
Cannot load booster app on this device
No Playstore
No DJI App with waypoints
Cannot use iPhone as a hotspot

I really wanted these to work, but at £569 in the UK, about 960 USD, they needed to be better.

Hi thanks for the update. I did contact DJI the responded quite quickly stating that if you open the app and go to the map area where you are going to fly drill down to the detail of the aerial it should store that in the cache to use off line. They also said that they are currently working with Epson to do a specific app for the moverio smart glasses.

Looks good let me know how much of an improvement you get and thanks for the reply

mitchsden said:
Spent an hour trying to swipe left to access the waypoint screen, it pops up for a milli second then goes to
Same experience here. I tried both the Moverio trackpad and a Bluetooth mouse, can't get it to work. Anyone figure out how to swipe into the Waypoint screen on the Moverio?

I verified my P2V has all the required updates. I can swipe into Waypoints just fine on my iPhone.

My Moverios won't turn on.

They were fully charged, went to use them and the blue light would not come on. It won't accept a charge either. It's under 30 days and I'm waiting to hear back from Amazon/Pre Launch regarding refund or replacement.

I like them a lot and will use them if they work and are reliable.

They got me to turn it off for 8 secs then plug the lead in. IT WORKED! :)

Doono said:

They were fully charged, went to use them and the blue light would not come on. It won't accept a charge either. It's under 30 days and I'm waiting to hear back from Amazon/Pre Launch regarding refund or replacement.

i had this problem too a couple of weeks ago and magically they started working again. make sure the plug coming from the glasses are fully seated. pull it out and firmly insert the plug.

mitchsden said:
smatty2023 said:

In theory yes for the maps, I did have google maps working on them, but this would needed to be done on
a Wi-Fi connection before you connect to the Phantom network at the flying site.

I had hoped they would also let me use my iPhone as a Wi-Fi hotspot if needed, but they refuse to stay
connected, just say connected and then drop the connection, and forever repeat this.

Although I am in the UK, I tweeted the Moverio product manager in the USA, he said he will speak with
DJI to see if anything can be done.

I am on a 30 day refund deal, so today they are going back, if Epson can get DJI to write a custom app,
I will proberbly re-purchase again. Just too many small issues for me :(

FPV Screen off centre and not sized correctly
Radar screen not working correctly, and jumping about
Cannot load booster app on this device
No Playstore
No DJI App with waypoints
Cannot use iPhone as a hotspot

I really wanted these to work, but at £569 in the UK, about 960 USD, they needed to be better.

I have the Moverio, and have only flown with it once... cuts out at distances I can reach easily with my ipad connected. my suspicion is there maybe some vulnerability to RF interference with the moverio.
As far as connecting the moverio to your iphone, it will not tether to the iOS Hotspot due to Android's inability to connect to ad-hoc wifi. So to solve this I jailbroke my iphone and installed MyWi which allows you to setup your iphone hotspot as Infrastructure not adhoc, this was recognized my the Moverio and I even got you watch a bit of the world cup on the glasses. I'm awaiting an update from DJI for the android app before I try again.

Doono said:

When this happens use the supplied USB charger and plug it , hold the power slider to the on position for 15 seconds then release, if the lights don't come on the slide power on once more for 3 seconds... should fire right up.

I need assistance in a big way...
I have been able to side load programs, rooting the device and even installing Google Play store.

I have both the wifi booster and DJI apps installed and both open. Wifi booster works fine.

I cannot however sign into DJI with the credentials I use on my Note 3. I have tried both 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 builds.

When I open the DJI app I see the "tips" screens then get to the log in screen. I enter my email and password then click the blue check mark in the top right corner. All I get is a "time out" message.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any tips on getting around this? I have also posted on the XDA Developers site.

Thank you,
Jason

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj