Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Help.

Re: Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Hel

About the 'time out' message, I got that and it turned out to be my sloppy typing - not easy to do sideways. That was my problem, but it could also be your Wi-Fi connection.

I've had the glasses for several weeks. I can finally report that they work great. For me, the key was moving up to the latest system version. If you're having trouble with upgrading to D1.0.5, PM me.

I originally had some drop out problems that seemed to come and go. I tried rebooting between flights, and that seemed to help, but after several flights on the updated system I can say that it is now as solid as my iPhone. I'm using version 1.4 of Vision. The view is better than anything else out there for the Phantom Vision or Vision Plus, IMHO. They're light, you can see through them or pull them down your nose to look over them, if needed. The scratch pad is something you get used to. And the FPV is right in front of your eyes even in bright sun.

I placed small squares of black tape over the projection area. I helps a lot in daylight.

I've side-loaded Netflix. it works well. I'd like to load one of the boost apps, but the glasses aren't recognized on the google store yet and I'm not sure I want to mess with the OS. But maybe soon they will fix that. There's a Moverio store icon now, at least.

They are very good for watching video. Of course I'd love a higher resolution but they're really pretty good and once you adjust to them, you don't notice it's not HD.

I agree, they are a slick device. I didn't have any luck rooting them with teh Baidu root app but I was able to upgrade them to 1.0.5 dev build. After that I did a factory reset and installed the Amazon app Store and the DJI app from the mobile link.

Did a quick flight test and they will probably take another flight or two to get used to. After downloading the Netflix app from the Amazon store and searching for the APK's for Vudu, Plex, and a few other APK's it's kinda a trip to walk around your house watching video while being able to see around you.

As they are a developer device they definitely aren't targeted to the consumer right now but have a ton of potential. I'm hoping there is an easy way to root them and install the Google Play app to get the FPV booster app loaded soon.

They are fairly light and the battery time is around 6 hours. The touchpad device is probably just as light as the glasses and can easily fit in a pocket or the P2V+ holder. The touchpad is pretty easy to use, no issues typing in U/P for accounts.

The display is more like a 40" transparent TV a few feet from your face. It leaves a lot of area to see around you.

The only complaint I have is that the right eye on mine is a little blurry compared to the left and the right over the ear frame for me needs a little custom padding as it isn't too comfortable. Nothing a little tape can't solve.

For me the problem is I find it difficult to imagine how the images look while you are actually wearing the glasses. I know people talk about it like having a large TV screen in front of your eyes, but thats very difficult to visualise and if that was the case and it was reasonable definition then I would go for them.

Thats whats holding me back from buying them, plus I would need prescription lenses as well and not sure how that would work.

Any advice

if your vision prescription is a strong one, that's a consideration in the overall price. I'm in the 20/40 range and they work well with these old eyes. The Vision screen, in the glasses, is about the same size as a tablet screen about a foot away. For the first time, I don't have to squint to read the little icons.

It's very absorbing, not wanting to push you over the edge but after using them a few weeks I can't imagine going back to something else.

If you travel by train or plane, they are a pleasure to use. You can put them on, sit back and watch MP4 videos on line or downloaded, and tune out.

Cheers m8 they do sound good - think there may be a little item going on my list for Santa this year !!

Only other question I had was about the track pad - will this still allow my 7th channel lever to work, guess it will ??? Also is there any lag in the FPV and are there any range issues ?

And finally, how do you side load the DJI vision app onto it ??

:?:

Re: Has anyone purchased the Epson Moverio BT-200 Smart Glas

Doono said:
gadgetman299 said:
Update. Received an E-mail from Epson. The app market will be available via update in the next couple weeks.

It's great being an early adopter :D

Does anyone know if the app market is available yet ??

cheers

As far as how well they work,

Originally, I had a few glitches with the video dropping out. I think these were caused by me. I had tried to load a few other apps and I think I pushed it too far.
Once I reset it to factory settings (reloaded) and just installed the 1.4 version of Vision, it worked pretty well. With the upgrade to 1.0.5 (from the original 1.0.1) of the operating system, I've had no more problems.

I feel the same quandry as dirty bird does with the Tali H500 in that I have my finger hovering over the order button, and the bank manager devil on my shoulder going noooooo dont do it !

:roll:

Anyone know what the FPV range is with these ???

Guess we are waiting on them to launch the google play interface to use apps like booster etc ?

Google only certifies phones and tablets so these will never have Google services on them. Either the booster will have to be distributed as an APK to side load or added to the Amazon app store/Epson 'coming real soon' store.

As I understand it the app market is going to be added soon ?

Re: Has anyone purchased the Epson Moverio BT-200 Smart Glas

Adam said:
I'm still enjoying these. Use them every time I fly. I went out with my neighbor who has a Vision+ with an iPad mini retina setup. Because the app isn't optimized for the iPad, the video looks much sharper on the BT-200, even though the retina mini has a much higher resolution.

The video feed inside the Vision app on the BT-200 only uses about 75% of the app area which is my main complaint right now.

Adam - having watched various videos of the view through the glasses, is the DJI App image still skewed off to the right as it appeared to be on the vids I watched ?? Just seemed way off centre with a lot of black screen to the left hand side ??

Anybody see the same or has that been addressed yet ??

I use my prescription glasses under the Moverio's and it works reasonably well. I attached a sunglass holder cord (I don't know the proper name) to the Moverio's and that cinches them up tight against my glasses. Like others, I placed some tape directly in front of the screen image and that's helped the screen from washing out in sunlight. The Moverio's aren't perfect but, for now, they're awesome. Once you relax and fly through the screen and worry less about line-of-site, it's a fun way to fly. I still try to keep line-of-site but it's pretty easy to lose site depending on the lighting and distance and then it's nice to guide yourself back through the screen.

Bought the moverio and like it very much.
at my local specs i asked them to put prescription lenses in the added prescription mount and works great..
Had to root it and install play store to get the WiFi booster app working but that wasn't that hard.

Made a root guide with all needed apk and pics.
https://www.laurensvanduijn.nl/wordpres ... stallatie/

Xenn0X said:
at my local specs i asked them to put prescription lenses in the added prescription mount and works great..
Had to root it and install play store to get the WiFi booster app working but that wasn't that hard.

What do you think of the image being right biased in the view ???

Jimmy,

I'm trying to get in touch with you, however I don't have the ability to private message. I'm located in Worcester and have a question for you. Can you email me with a telephone number that you can be reached at? Email is joe (at) scan worcester (dot) com. No spaces.

Thanks!

pyrophantom said:
Xenn0X said:

What do you think of the image being right biased in the view ???
Did not notice it... will check. i have the R version of the glasses.

Yes have the issue too..
I have sended this issue to dji and epson via twitter.
Screenshot_2014-07-29-19-47-06.png

https://www.laurensvanduijn.nl/wordpres ... deo-issue/

edit:
Epson will investigate.
Eric Mizufuka ‏@WTEric 33m
@LaurensvanDuijn @DJIGlobal @DJIforums - I'm out of the office this week, but will be sure and investigate as soon as I am back home!

pyrophantom said:
Anyone know what the FPV range is with these ???

Guess we are waiting on them to launch the google play interface to use apps like booster etc ?

Range will be the same as with your smartphone and such. It uses the WIFI repeater on you phantom controller. I just upgraded my re500 to re700 and will be flying at the beach this weekend so I will have even greater range!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl