Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Help.

Re: Has anyone purchased the Epson Moverio BT-200 Smart Glas

JamesD said:
Thanks for the email update from Epson.

So far so good.

I was able to download the Vision app to the glasses yesterday. You need to go directly to the APK file using the BT-200's browser and pointing it to http://m.dji.net/djivision

Also, you need the BT-200's to allow for "non-market app installation" as this setting is off by default. With this setting off you can only install app's from the non-existent Moverio Marketplace!

Raining today, otherwise I'd fly. Bummer.

Jimmy

Thanks for that, very helpful. Hope the rain stops soon.

I'm still enjoying these. Use them every time I fly. I went out with my neighbor who has a Vision+ with an iPad mini retina setup. Because the app isn't optimized for the iPad, the video looks much sharper on the BT-200, even though the retina mini has a much higher resolution.

The video feed inside the Vision app on the BT-200 only uses about 75% of the app area which is my main complaint right now.

Has anyone purchased the Epson Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses?

Flew for the first time today with the BT200. It was interesting, but not as "wow" as I was expecting. I wish the field of view or "screen" could be made wider.

A few flights with mine, and a nice piece of kit. I loaded the app by downloading the APK (google dji vision apk) and then transferring to the device by USB. Put it in the download folder, then install. It's fun typing in your email and pw sideways..

gadgetman299 said:
Got my glasses on Friday. Charged them up. Turned them on this morning to find the Moverio market app is not loaded. I have a ticket open with Epson and am waiting on a reply. I load the phantom app from a link in the group. The video seems good and it linked up well. Overall the main problem seems to be no market app. I went to the play store and many apps are not compatible with this device. So right now if you can't side load it you are adding any apps. Hope to hear from them soon and I will update.

I received mine this morning & have spent all day trying to get the app on the BT200. I can get it on a sd card but it won't load in the device. It's about 10MB in size on the card it shows foldwer with Lost DIR sys & then com.dji.vision.apk

HELP!!!!

jbwilli1 said:
gadgetman299 said:
Got my glasses on Friday. Charged them up. Turned them on this morning to find the Moverio market app is not loaded. I have a ticket open with Epson and am waiting on a reply. I load the phantom app from a link in the group. The video seems good and it linked up well. Overall the main problem seems to be no market app. I went to the play store and many apps are not compatible with this device. So right now if you can't side load it you are adding any apps. Hope to hear from them soon and I will update.

I received mine this morning & have spent all day trying to get the app on the BT200. I can get it on a sd card but it won't load in the device. It's about 10MB in size on the card it shows foldwer with Lost DIR sys & then com.dji.vision.apk

HELP!!!!

Try this, I am sure it worked for me:

Type this url into the Moverio browser
http://www.1mobile.com/dji-vision-1082064.html

Then click on the install button, as the pic

Attachments

• 1mobile DJI.png
    1mobile DJI.png
    413.3 KB · Views: 1,237

IT WORKED!!! YAY & thank you very much.

Now everything works, it will take pics & video, move camera, but I don't see anything on the screen except shutter closing.

mitchsden said:
jbwilli1 said:
gadgetman299 said:

HELP!!!!

Try this, I am sure it worked for me:

Type this url into the Moverio browser
http://www.1mobile.com/dji-vision-1082064.html

Then click on the install button, as the pic

Lucky for me my better half said I could get this for an early Father's Day present!
**Disclaimer** I don't work for Epson or DJI but so far I love their products!

Here's my mini-review:

Bottom Line: Image is sharp and bright. Setup is pretty easy. Great that I can see the real world while also looking at my app. Sure, it was a little expensive but it's exactly what I wanted!

More details:
Nice packaging, case is pretty good and I think it will protect the glasses pretty well. The glasses are a little bit bulkier than I expected, but very lightweight and didn't feel heavy on my face or slide down my nose. Initially they claim the Android device needs up to 5 hours to fully charge.

**VERY IMPORTANT** - you don't need an Android phone or device, the Epson Moverio Smart Glasses come with an Android device already! It's about the size of an iTouch/Iphone but there is no screen, the surface acts as a touch pad and you move the cursor that way. There are a couple of buttons ("home", "back", power). It fits nicely in the Phantom controller "clamp". That same device has a slot for mini-sd card so I'm thinking I can pop the sd-card out of my phantom and watch the movies on my Glasses (haven't tested that yet). This Android device is proprietary to Epson and the glasses won't work without it. I don't think that is good/bad, just wanted to let everyone know about that part.

Pretty easy to set up - I'm an iPHONE guy so I had to figure some of the basics of Android (like how to set the timezone) and a couple of other things like that - Had to find the setting that allowed me to install non-Epson apps. Also had to figure out how to scroll (you just hold your finger down on the touchpad). It's a little cumbersome to enter passwords and such without a keyboard. Joined the wireless at my house and quickly downloaded the app from DJI.

Drove out to a nearby park with my Phantom 2 Vision. Forgot to turn off the wifi on my iPHONE so spent a few minutes figuring out why my Epson Glasses couldn't connect (DUH! -- my iphone autoconnected). Connected the android to the phantom, then started the APP. Got a little scared at first because the app was sideways on the screen but that was only for the tutorial! Once I got past the initial screens it oriented correctly

Took off into a partly cloudy, windless sky!

All I can say is: WOW

The glasses make the screen look like a 42inch flat panel screen from 6 feet away. I think it takes about 75% of the field of view. Since it was a little cloudy I didn't use the sunglass covers, just used the clear glass. The display was very bright (i was worried it would be dim). For the first time I could VERY clearly see the altitude, speed, number of satellites, etc. I could also very clearly see everything around me. I did notice that if I was looking in a direction with a dark background (a bunch of trees) it made the screen even better. If I looked straight up into the sky it was still ok. A little strange when my phantom was looking at the sky while I was looking up at my phantom but very cool! It took a little getting used to when I was looking at my APP, then looking at the actual Phantom - worked best for me to just keep my head still in the general direction of the phantom! Force of habit kept me looking down at my controller but I'm sure that will pass!

Some little/minor things:
1. The case isn't quite big enough to fit the charger and mini-usb cable.
2. I didn't connect the headphones (which came with the unit) so when I got to 25% battery I obviously didn't hear a warning. The screen blinked and stuff turned red and everything so it wasn't a big deal, but I'm not sure I will wear the headphones just for that.
3. Looks like it won't charge just from a USB port (maybe it trickle charges but the light didn't blink)
4. Can't get to google play yet (note inside said "coming soon) - but that's ok, I got these for my phantom FPV not other stuff
5. These do look a little geeky - I would suggest wearing a baseball cap to take a little attention away from the glasses!

Some things I want to learn about:
There's a camera built into the glasses, hoping to one day record my flights from both glasses and phantom!
Would like to figure out how to capture DJI App screen as I fly (so I can have the telemetry data)
Can I take the SD-card out of the phantom and play movies directly on the android?

Should you buy them?
Of course that depends on your situation, but I've got to say that as of right now i'm extremely satisfied and I'm betting if you actually got a chance to see them in action you would dig through your couch, your neighbors couch, your in-laws couch and everyone else until you found enough money. Just think, no more having to shade your display, no more squinting to see everything on your smartphone or balancing a bulky tablet on your controller! TIP: If you go the Epson site and join them they might send you a 10% coupon (that helps a lot and it worked for me)

Also - I don't recommend buying them from EBAY now - Epson has them in stock and you're guaranteed a new product with a full warranty. The ones I saw on EBAY were more expensive than from Epson anyhow.

I'm off to the mountains for the weekend (with my phantom) so won't be on the forums until next week, but feel free to PM or Post questions and I'll try to answer them.

Nice post, tcg :)

I can help you with the "Take a Screenshot" question

Press Volume down button at the same time as Power Off button
Wait a couple of seconds, and it displays an image, to be found in Gallery Screenshots :)

Attachments

• Moverio Screenshot Garden.png
    Moverio Screenshot Garden.png
    469.5 KB · Views: 1,183

jbwilli1 said:

Now everything works, it will take pics & video, move camera, but I don't see anything on the screen except shutter closing.

Glad you got the app installed :)

Try 640x380 15fps setting to see if this helps for shutter/Preview screen, I think the app defaults
to 30fps which may be too much

Dave

mitchsden said:
jbwilli1 said:

Glad you got the app installed :)

Try 640x380 15fps setting to see if this helps for shutter/Preview screen, I think the app defaults
to 30fps which may be too much

Dave

Still can't see a live picture. evrything works, connects, controls visible & working, just no live view.

Any ideas??

Thanx
JB

Is the wi-fi booster app available on android and has anyone been able to side load it onto glasses?

These look a great piece of kit, has anyone actually regretted buying them?.

Re: Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Hel

Mine arrived an hour ago

Threw some music videos on and WOW! Head phones then plugged into the car sound system, was awesome.
Went for a test fly, could only use second best preview resolution, but it was good. Amazing to be able to see the Phantom as well as the screen. Taking off, landing and maneuvers all THROUGH the glasses, then FPV when flying. Will be great for traveling, movies, Youtube, news and surfing the net.

Posted a mini-review last week - here's an update

Flew in the mountains this weekend with my Phantom 2 Vision and the Moverio BT-200 glasses. Found a couple of things:

1. Yes, you can take the SD card out of the Phantom and insert it into the Moverio device and watch your movies!
2. Highest resolultion seemed to have some lag but changing from 30fps to 15fps helped a lot
3. For the first time I got a "Lost Connection with Phantom" message when I was about 500ft away. the "lost connection" box stayed on the screen even after the live view restarted. I was in a large park, nowhere near any powerlines and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a bunch of wifi around (closest buildings were about 1 mile away and wasn't able to pick up any wifi SSD names on my smartphone)
I did what common sense tells you to do-- brought the phantom back to me, landed, powered off, checked the airframe for any loose wires and such, replaced the battery (it was at 30%) and tried again. No problems. went thru that battery without any signs of trouble. flew 3rd battery and went back to campsite.
Next day did the same thing, 2nd flight (2nd battery) had the same issue. This time I exited the app, then restarted it (without landing the phantom) and everything was fine. No idea what happened, maybe some kind of weird interference? Anyhow, I even tested "return to home" from 800 feet away on the last battery and it worked great.

4. In very bright sunlight the glasses are dim, but if you look at a dark background (or just put you hand in front of the glasses to shade them) you can still see. Didn't try the sunshade they included (left them at the campsite!- DOH!)

Will update if I get more info!

Im very disappointed. Fumbling with the touch screen sucks. The screen freezes when V+ is about 500 feet away. I have had 4 flights. Im returning to epson

I have not see any recent post about these smart glasses. Are they good? did you guys, who got them like them?

tcg said:
4. In very bright sunlight the glasses are dim, but if you look at a dark background (or just put you hand in front of the glasses to shade them) you can still see. Didn't try the sunshade they included (left them at the campsite!- DOH!)

Will update if I get more info!

I went straight for the sunshade because I usually fly in good weather. Watched some vids in the sunshine, was really good.

sheldrake said:
Im very disappointed. Fumbling with the touch screen sucks. The screen freezes when V+ is about 500 feet away. I have had 4 flights. Im returning to epson

You can connect a mouse and/or a keyboard if you like.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4