PS3 DualShock Controls... ADDED ... SCREENSHOT FUNCTION !!!

Re: PS3 DUALSHOCK CONTROLS... UPDATE... Status Light Mod :)

Thanks for sharing this excited mod. You might consider to eliminate PS3 battery by a tiny BEC and share TX battery with PS3 by lowering voltage. This can save some weight on TX and no need to charge PS3 regularly without drilling a hole for USB charging. BTW, BEC will keep draining a little bit battery power even no loading.

PVFlyer said:
BTW, BEC will keep draining a little bit battery power even no loading.

That's exactly why i didn't do that... then it would have been another switch or plug to turn it off so it wouldn't drain my tx batteries while idle...

If you read the original post...
DBS said:
So the one thing my buddy brought up was "why put the USB port inside the battery compartment? ... That means you have to take out the batteries every time you charge the PS3 controller?" ... GOOD POINT ... BUT ... Battery run time on a PS3 controller is rated at 30 hours... and the Sixaxis app has a nifty little feature ... every time you open the app to pair the controller... it gives you battery level ... (Not to mention, making the hole for the USB port the right shape, the right size, AND look good? ... wasn't gonna happen... so now it's hidden) ...

So yeah ... you don't need to charge very often and the app tells you when you need to do it... :ugeek:
Shown here... last line in the connection dialogue on the left

Screenshot_2014-09-18-22-11-34_zpsxkcmq9xu.png

It hardly ever needs to be charged when used this way ... it's not like gaming where it's on for hours and hours... I'd be surprised if i had to charge it again before i have to change the batteries in the tx (tx good for 40 flights... PS3 good for 30 hours)... so when you say...
PVFlyer said:
no need to charge PS3 regularly
... there really isn't any regular charging ... and when you say ...
PVFlyer said:
This can save some weight on TX
... :lol: it's barely even grams dude... I can't even feel the difference in weight... And I'd rather have those few grams than a switch I would forget to turn off and waste batteries because of the BEC :ugeek: and having the onscreen battery level popup every time you turn it on makes it all failsafe ... not that it matters i guess.. it's only a button pusher... :mrgreen:

DBS said:
PVFlyer said:
BTW, BEC will keep draining a little bit battery power even no loading.

That's exactly why i didn't do that... then it would have been another switch or plug to turn it off so it wouldn't drain my tx batteries while idle...
OIC, I would simply take out a single AA battery to disconnect the circuit when idling, which is safer anyway. I encountered once the TX turning on accidently somehow when putting TX in my Phantom case.

Sorry, I did not read through the entire posts, and just throw a thought when looking at the pictures.

PVFlyer said:
OIC, I would simply take out a single AA battery to disconnect the circuit when idling, which is safer anyway. I encountered once the TX turning on accidently somehow when putting TX in my Phantom case.

While I appreciate the input... I'm not totally getting how any of this is better than just charging the DualShock battery once every 2 months...
Taking a battery out of the tx every time i fly? No thanks... I've never had the problem with inadvertently turning mine on ... And if i did... It starts beeping very loudly if left on for 15 minutes without any input on the sticks so that is taken care of... It also should have beeped at you when you turned it on "accidentally somehow when putting tx in your Phantom case" :?

Anyway... Different strokes for different folks so all this stuff is good info for the different ways people would build their own individual mod... :ugeek:

World it be OK to use the USB port on the rc to charge the battery?

ahmida said:
World it be OK to use the USB port on the rc to charge the battery?

That would require some serious wiring to get it to charge the DualShock battery... and then you would lose the functionality of the USB port to calibrate the Transmitter controls or update firmware... not sure if that's a viable option... hmmmmm

hi @all,

post removed, wrong infomation given...

oh and thx DBS for this mod tutorial ;-)

Is this idea for charging the DualShock battery?

Do some testing first... for example ... I noticed that the DualShock controller won't charge unless plugged into a true USB port with data pins active... In other words , try charging straight from a wall plug cell phone charger and it doesn't work...

There may be more to this connection than simply finding the 5v leg and tapping into it :ugeek:

@DBS really ??

ok, i'm wrong, i've testet with only 5Volt without data, its not loading !! sorry for my fast posting !!

oha said:
@DBS really ??

ok, i'm wrong, i've testet with only 5Volt without data, its not loading !! sorry for my fast posting !!

Yeah... That sucks huh?

Don't be sorry for the post... That's how things get sorted out and move forward around here :D

But anyway... I really went thru multiple options with this ... I was gonna get a lipo battery and run the whole tx and DualShock off one power source... but then i saw how messy that can get and connections and BEC units all over the place... Then i was gonna desolder the mini USB port and move it so it was accessible... but yeah, try and make THAT hole look right and clean and neat (really hard to do) and mount the USB port so it's solid and will withstand plugging and unplugging over time :twisted: ... (wasn't gonna happen)

Then I noticed the battery spec when I was getting the new battery for the DualShock (mine is like 5 years old so i grabbed a new battery)
The spec says "30 hours run time" :shock: ... With that I said "screw it... Who cares where the charger port is if I'm hardly gonna use it"
That made the mod way easier... The hole didn't matter any more cuzz it's hidden ... It's strong cuzz it's mounted properly ... The outside of the tx still looks clean and stock without any additional holes... to me it just makes sense like this so I "let it be the way it be"

NEW FUNCTION ADDED... SCREENSHOT!!!

Shoutout to my buddy Brodie for this idea...
(made it work for ya Bro-Man!!!)

This came about from all the long range flights we do on a regular basis here... when you get out there at the edge of your control range you wanna take a quick screen shot for proof and get moving again before wasting any more battery or time out there at the fringes of your sanity ... :twisted: ... Doing the double button press with the power and home button can be frustrating when your nerves are frazzled and your Phantom is 4 miles away and you just wanna TAKE THE **** SCREENSHOT ALREADY!!!

So here we go... got it all figured out ... and this is a good method even if you don't have the PS3 mod... at least it's an easy one shot button press ... (still need to be rooted though)

First thing to do was to add another button to the back of the controller and solder it into the PS3 mother board ... (Now i got seven **** buttons going on back there :?

ScreenShot_zpsyfcxaj6d.jpg

Next thing is to go and get "screenshot easy" from the PlayStore

Screenshot_2014-09-28-18-02-40-picsay_zps0ak4nmy0.png

Open up the app and set it up for "ICON OVERLAY"

Screenshot_2014-09-28-18-03-28-picsay_zpskpdxokqq.png

2014_09_28_18.03.43-picsay_zpskug9lkqd.png

Put the Icon where you want it in your DJI Vision app...

2014_09_28_18.04.04-picsay_zpsgbjsoe36.png

Map it in Sixaxis...

Screenshot_2014-09-28-18-20-10-picsay_zps34fukew0.png

And you are done!!!

SINGLE CLICK SCREENSHOT WITHOUT TAKING YOUR HANDS OFF THE REMOTE!!!

Once again thanks to Braddah Bro-Man for the idea... we have been frustrated with the screenshot situation for the last time!!!

Re: PS3 DualShock Controls... ADDED ... SCREENSHOT FUNCTION

Anyone try Sixaxis Controller app on Samsung Galaxy S5 ? Thanks

Looks like you may run out of fingers for all those buttons. :lol: Pretty cool, I like it.

Awesome job Big Chuck!!!! This may just push me down that slippery slope.... :mrgreen:

Woper1 said:
Anyone try Sixaxis Controller app on Samsung Galaxy S5 ? Thanks

I'm on Note 3 and Galaxy Tab Pro running Android 4.4.2... Should be about the same deal... Remember, you need to be rooted... and you can run the Sixaxis compatibility checker from the PlayStore... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscompatibilitychecker

Jstic said:
Looks like you may run out of fingers for all those buttons. :lol: Pretty cool, I like it.

Thanks dude... I think I'm done with adding buttons :ugeek:

mede8er said:
Awesome job Big Chuck!!!! This may just push me down that slippery slope.... :mrgreen:

Thanks Bro-Man!! All your idea on this one :D ... works GREAT!!

JUST DO IT :twisted:

Thanks DBS for respond :) I was reading comment on the app shop and a few pepoles can't run the app on S5.

byebye_v8 said:
Will this work for a P2 with H3-3D?

All this does is press buttons on the touchscreen for you... are you flying with the DJI Vision APP?

For this to work you need Rooted Android or Jailbreak iOS APP control of camera functions...

very nice work :)

I will try this too
what is the best way to take away the black thing so you can solder on the copper?
is it the same solder spot on every ps3 controller even if I got Another board verson (MSU 3.5X V1.12)

Sorry for my bad English :oops:

Regards from Sweden

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl