Pros and cons ??

Personal opinion, I was all excited to try Litchi. I bought it and was like..... meh!!! I just wasn't impressed and the lack of "return to home" button onscreen sealed the coffin. Good thing Google Play has a 48 hour refund policy.

Personal opinion, I was all excited to try Litchi. I bought it and was like..... meh!!! I just wasn't impressed and the lack of "return to home" button onscreen sealed the coffin. Good thing Google Play has a 48 hour refund policy.
It does have RTH. If you have 48 hrs try it. I personally prefer it to DJI, but that's MHO. Either way, have fun & fly safe!

Prefer litchi. Can do missions that I would usually lose signal otherwise

Neon Euc

I never said you did. You said it doesn't have it on screen. It does!
Litchi does NOT have a RTH button on screen. You need to use the RTH button or switch on the remote. Which is not an issue for me, I use both apps and they are both very good to have and use.

You should really give Litchi a second look. It's a great app, some would say better than Go, and has some features Go can't touch like Waypoint, VR, Focus and Track to name a few. And not having a RTH on screen is no big deal. Personally I never use it on the Go app, have no need for it. Just fly the bird home, and if your really need to all remotes have either a switch or button for RTH.

I bought Litchi but as a new user of the P3S, I find it a bit overwhelming. I'm using the DJI Go app till I get more experience.

I'm also new to the whole ipad thing too. So that complicates things.

I bought Litchi but as a new user of the P3S, I find it a bit overwhelming. I'm using the DJI Go app till I get more experience.

I'm also new to the whole ipad thing too. So that complicates things.
If you use it for normal manual flying it's almost virtually the same lay out except for it two key differences. As stated above it does not have a RTH button on screen, so if needed you would just use your RC's return to home option. If you wanted to use Home Lock or Course Lock modes, with Go it would be a two-step process on your device screen and with Litchi it's just one button, H or C that is always on the front of a screen. Some people confuse that H on litchi's screen as meaning RTH, which it is not.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You should really give Litchi a second look. It's a great app, some would say better than Go, and has some features Go can't touch like Waypoint, VR, Focus and Track to name a few. And not having a RTH on screen is no big deal. Personally I never use it on the Go app, have no need for it. Just fly the bird home, and if your really need to all remotes have either a switch or button for RTH.

Well the second reason was that it just didn't run smoothly on my cheap tablet. They claim that you need a higher end device to run Litchi.

Although.... I did root my tablet and remove all of the garbage apps. It definitely freed it up and made it run smoother. Maybe it would be OK now?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl