Props and prop guards in picture frame?

Reaction score
This might be a silly question, but how do people deal with the fact that the prop guards are in the picture frame (on top)? I am using a gimbal and the prop guards show in the top of the frame during various flight maneuvers. Is this just a fact of life or is there some workaround?

I fly backwards when I absolutely want the props out of the picture

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've extended my legs and then reversed the lower plate of the Zenmuse mount so the camera is lower.

Even if you get your prop guards out of the frame when the quad is still, it's very likely they'll poke into view occasionally while you're flying and the gimbal is actively stabilizing. You'll either have to live with tilting the gimbal down a few degrees, or mounting the gimbal forward enough where is minimized.

Sometimes, there's just nothing you can do. My Tarot gimbal is mounted further forward on my Phantom than probably anyone else here, but when flying in manual mode yesterday...

8gL3PjOl.jpg

Another option is to shoot at 2K and then reduce the clip when editing to 1080. It will crop out the prop guard and occasional landing gear edging into the picture.

I feel kind of lucky as I am having very little of this occurrence- but then I fly stable and deliberate when filming, and as previously mentioned I tend to do a lot of angles flying backwards.

I try to fly towards my subject and then bank up and back slowly as I turn to get the few seconds of footage I want. Approach the subject you are shooting from various angles and fly up and then off to the side or back .

I also do not see anyone who takes any real serious footage using the guards... but then again, they don't use Phantoms either *snork*

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl