Propellers

Reaction score
Should I use new propellers?
61c012df17eb27d996b2a393c6365cae.jpg
91be9c310327059e0c7c55f5a258e2d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well from my experience yes . I had a tiny nick in one of mine and noticed a vibration happening. My view is , is it worth stretching out the use of a 5$ part and risk a total loss? I change my props at ANY sign of ware . Just my opinion though .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: ServiceCall
Ok. I'll change them, the phantom dose vibrate when on the ground. The others are like that but not as bad. Do I change them too? Where do you buy your new ones? Do they come with one of those nice pouch? I don't have one and would like to get one.

Clean them up with a fine scotchpad, balance them and inspect for cracks. If they're ok after all that, they'll do for testing / emergency spares, but as others have said, they're so cheap that it is false insurance to use them all the time. Practice balancing these ones and you'll soon be used to them.

Replace them all. They are designed and balanced for moving air in a controlled manner. Think of it as if you were boarding an airplane, would you want new props or repaired ones?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

How did they get to look like that?

I have a set on my 1st Phantom 3 which are at least 16 months old (maybe even older) , and after a good wipe down they still look as good as new.

How did they get to look like that? <br /><br />I have a set on my 1st Phantom 3 which are at least 16 months old (maybe even older) , and after a good wipe down they still look as good as new.

[quote uid=56932 name="FantomFlier" post=1045404]How did they get to look like that?[/QUOTE]<br /><br />Some serious tree trimming or a gravel-flinging contest by the looks of it... :)<br /><br />Definitely change all of them.

I bought it used. Works great! Got it for 600. The recent owner must've had a little accident. Lol. But only the props got hurt a little.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT