Prop Guards

Any idea if the DJI prop guards for the P2V+ will work with the P3?

We are being told that the Phantom 2 Prop Guards will work on the Phantom 3 but we have yet to confirm this ourselves.

Prop guards are about the only thing that's interchangeable fetween the P2 & P3.
However experienced flyers recommend you don't use them.
Propguards significantly handicap your Phantom's performance, show up in frame and cause more problems (crashes) than they prevent.

Thanks for the info. At this point I'm flying my P2V+ and getting more experience with prop guards on. I tend to be cautious in general, so we'll see.

Does anyone know if the Bestem PhantomGuard Snap-On Prop Guards would work with the Phantom 3?

I love my prop guards! I like the snap on/off (Summitlink) style and am not even a little embarrassed to say I like flying with them! I like them because of where and how I fly, but I especially recommend them for new pilots. I know, there are those that despise prop guards...I'm just not one of them...

Hey I have dealt with these folks before and ya couldn't ask for better service !
Wonder what the weight is on this .
Has anyone posted on a camera guard for the 3 like the one for the Plus o_O

Reactions: mad in nc
Has anyone posted on a camera guard for the 3 like the one for the Plus o_O

thought the "auto control" sensor would sync up on the gimbal protector versus the floor (if you are talking about the CF one that goes between the legs)... Think there is a post here somewhere...

I'm having more and more fun with the P2+V3... After the P2V+V3 "upgrades", software debacle etc.. I'll fly it for now, wear it out, hope for no flyaway and watch to see if the P3 has the same motor wire issues, software stability and GS features with ample battery supplies before I jump in.... Maybe by Christmas time

Propguards significantly handicap your Phantom's performance, show up in frame and cause more problems (crashes) than they prevent.
I always flew my Phantom 1 with propguards, and they certainly saved me more than their cost in props, especially when I was learning.

What performance handicap is there besides weight?

And can you please elaborate on the statement that they actually cause crashes? Would appreciate some background on that.

Propguards catch wind like sails and make it harder to deal with wind.
They slow your Phantom and make it slip into VRS more easily and/or not be able to escape if you find yourself there.
If you think you need to use propguards, you really need a different place to fly.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
If you think you need to use propguards, you really need a different place to fly.

I'm not afraid of damaging my props. I'm more concerned about hurting myself (or other people) if the quad comes out of control. My finger has had a close encounter with a "erratic quad" once (not a Phantom) and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

That's an example of what I meant .. If you think you need propguards - you're flying in the wrong place.
Rule 1 of safe flying: Don't fly where bumping into people or trees etc is a possibility. Keep well away from people and obstacles.

Reactions: mad in nc
That's an example of what I meant .. If you think you need propguards - you're flying in the wrong place.
Rule 1 of safe flying: Don't fly where bumping into people or trees etc is a possibility. Keep well away from people and obstacles.
They used them here, I have no need for them for how I use the Phantom but it's up to the individual.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: davemex

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic