Prop Balance

Reaction score
Hi all

Yesterday after balancing all my props I noticed 2 of them seemed out of balance when powering up. The slight ‘wobble’ .

I removed them and turned the motor a third of a turn then reinstalled the props, behold the ‘wobble’ wasn’t there. I checked the quick release mounts and all seemed okay.

Comments would be appreciated if I’m on the wrong track?

Hi all

Yesterday after balancing all my props I noticed 2 of them seemed out of balance when powering up. The slight ‘wobble’ .

I removed them and turned the motor a third of a turn then reinstalled the props, behold the ‘wobble’ wasn’t there. I checked the quick release mounts and all seemed okay.

Comments would be appreciated if I’m on the wrong track?
Unlikely moving the motor 1/3 of a turn achieved anything unless you managed to cross thread it when putting it on. The motor/prop aren’t balanced as an assembly.

Unlikely moving the motor 1/3 of a turn achieved anything unless you managed to cross thread it when putting it on. The motor/prop aren’t balanced as an assembly.

By moving a qtr turn means the prop picks up an alternate quick release connection is the only thing I can think of?

Are you having to balance DJI OEM props? Are these props damaged?

New props are cheap.

The Props on my P3P are new, but I did have to get the new Prop on my RC balanced by the dealer.
I would like to be able to check and do them myself, Thanks Jimmy, I'll get a dubro.

P4S? If so, are you still using original prop mounts? The one with 3 outside springs. The springs need adjustment by lifting occasionally. Symptoms are what you described. It is a major failure point. Best solution is to buy, DJI P4A/P prop mounts, that are Much better , with no adjustment needed ever. And they HOLD. Available everywhere incl Amazon. Switched both of mine after problems with my original P4. Very inexpensive. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy6616
Are you having to balance DJI OEM props? Are these props damaged?

New props are cheap.
Bad new balancing Original DJI props. Removing the slick glossy surface causes more drag on the area resurfaced. This will cause more out of balance characteristics than your original DJI props. DJI props are generally pretty true. Master Airscrew are right on. Cheap after market props are very lopsided. You should never use them. I know from experience. You want a prop balancer? I will sell you one.

Last edited:
Not sure what kind of comment you are seeking, based on a vague post. BTW, props do not need balancing. See other posts about this subject.

According to Airdata under controls rudder response, if there is a strong deviation in time between turning left or right it’s an indication of worn out props or props that need to be rebalanced.
IMG_0610.jpg

Hi Jimmy, I’m back for a sec. Don’t balance the props until you try the new mounts. $12.90 Amazon
DJI Phantom 4 Pro Part 4 (set of 4)
If that doesn’t stop your wobble, you can yell at me here. ?
Anyway, you’re gonna have greatly improved mounts, and I think your old ones are shot. Don’t try to rebalance the springs or messin with em.

Get back to us if you try the pro version. Tell us what you think. Thanks

Last edited:
I've tried various other balance systems similar to dubro and do not trust them, getting different results even when on a flat surface. If you stick to genuine DJI parts and have an accident, then you cam blame DJI (outside of obvious pilot faults, of course). The problem expands whjen you try carbon fibre, or random 3rd party props should you crash the bird...

RoOSTA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers