Prodigal son (p2) returns after 20 months.

Haven't read the original, but wow!! Where was it found and by whom, that person deserves a bear.

Where on earth is he going to get a bear from? Be much better to just buy him a beer. ;)

BearWaving.jpg

Ok. I ordered a new set of screws, skids, stickers and props. Let's keep fingers crossed as to its airworthiness. I'll repost over in P2 so as not to anger the P3P forum gods. :)
Cool! Well
Post here so we know when to go there on the P2 forum and look after you get things done so we know. Best of luck[emoji106]

Great video and music. Did you have your number on it? Or was it in response to one of your flyers (no pun intended)? Your so lucky in a way, for a second or two I had visions of it crashing through one of those roofs!

Wow. GoPro still recorded under water.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

If that's my clip you're talking about - it was in the waterproof case so it would.
How did they know it was your drone?

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

If that's my clip you're talking about, back in 2013 I was just about the only person in town with a drone. While I was in the water searching for the quad, up to me neck in brown water and getting my feet torn to ribbons by all of the mussel shells in the mud, a fishing boat came up the estuary and I thought, hang on, not only have I lost a load of gear, but I'm about to be hit by a fishing boat too.

So I got out of the water, and noticed the boat at the same time heading back to harbour - so I went into town and waited for them to finish. When they came out of the dock I told them what had happened and asked them if they might be able to retrieve it - they told me it would be no bother as they scrape the bottom of the sea dredging up the mussels. So I left my phone number and hoped!

However, it was a full three months before they found the GoPro, still in its case, with just a slight weep into the case. I got it back, took it out of the case and plugged it in, but nothing. However after a while on charge the battery came to life and its working perfectly to this day. Never found the P1.

Reactions: riverphantom3
Kov,

I still put my P2 in the air every now and again. Unlike a lot of other folks, mine is pretty rock solid. Locked down the firmware and a Galaxy Tab 4 with an older version of the DJI App and an early Litchi version. Still does some nice, long, waypoint flights. Goes in the air anytime I ask it to. If it were me, depending on the shape it's in, I'd be pulling that thing apart and doing a restoration, just for the fun if it. I wouldn't put it up the way it is but I'd probably be putting it up after a bit of work. It'd be a great story!

Jerry
I agree. At least try. Don't give up on your son. LOL

DD thanks for the comment. I remixed that Deadmau5 track. Seemed to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
That was just too painstaking. Watching it plummet to it's death like that. But, alas! It can be reborn, rebuilt, and re-flown.....

a PERFECT! mantel piece for those stories...... "When I was a kid, I flew this bad azz mutha into unchartered territory. Where the Indians still roamed, I was shot down by bows and arrows!" LOL way cool that you found it

Thanks man. I have the p2 torn down and ready for new parts. Looking forward to flying him again. It has generated so many stories.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Success! It's back in the air believe it or not
AMAZING! And, to think that most crashes, even when recovered the day of, let alone 2yrs later, result in a total loss!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Link to a YouTube video of the final repair and flight. Still cannot figure out if the lights are correct.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Link to a YouTube video of the final repair and flight. Still cannot figure out if the lights are correct.

Kov,

That's F'ng awesome! Glad to see another P2 still in the air! You may want to replace the bearings on the motors. Short of that, I think you're gold. Great job, Man and thanks for sharing!

Jerry

Quite a story. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.