Prodigal son (p2) returns after 20 months.

Show us the clip! Show us the clip!

I once lost a P1 into an estuary and after three months underwater I got the GoPro back courtesy of some nice mussel fishermen. Skip along to 1.20 or so for the interesting bits...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

156fc154bb841cf22a6c87c85e3c7a7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I'm sure you will fly it soon. Best wishes.

Man, you can say that again, and again... ;-)

Yes, post up the video, so we can all have a wide grin...

RedHotPoker

Very impressive! Hollywood should make a movie about this!

Hey guys. I posted the video link a few times and the YouTube video frame appears and the video plays here when I do that, but then I cannot find any evidence here that I posted the link? What's up?

Strangely enough, updating the firmware was the reason why I lost the quad. Not a problem with firmware technically, but the fact that my first flight had a 12-15 mps descent. And the firmware update changed that to 2 mps. I was not aware of that change on this flight. And because of that I would never have been able to get the bird back before the battery failed. My fault. But dang those firmware updates. I thought something was wrong when I started my descent and could barely get the thing to drop.

It would be super useful if each update came with clear instructions on what to expect. I feel like they just spring stuff on you and if you figure it out without crashing, good for you.

Back when I lost the P2 I spoke to a few neighbors in the area. They promised to be on the lookout.

Gonna try this link one more time.

"
"

I am posting here in P3 because some of you were very helpful at the time we all owned p2 aircraft. Many of you have upgraded (as I have) to p3.

On 5/24/14 I lost my whole new p2 setup. As you can see from the p2 may 2014 thread I had completely given up about four months ago. 20 months has passed. Just today, my wife texted me and said the prodigal son had returned. Someone found it and left if on my porch today. It is in very rough shape. And I have not seen if the memory card is still inside the hero pro. So when I get home, I'll get some pictures and update anyone who is interested. It was found about 1/4 mile off the extended search area. Thanks again for all you who helped in the search.

Still waiting for my lost glider to find its way home! What's left of it is apparently up in someone's tree(s) (on private property) and might be visible this winter. I suppose by the time it finally falls out of the tree, my name and telephone number will have faded out!

Glad you recovered some of your stuff.

That video was too nice... music was perfect! :hearteyes:

DD thanks for the comment. I remixed that Deadmau5 track. Seemed to fit.

Last edited:
Still waiting for my lost glider to find its way home! What's left of it is apparently up in someone's tree(s) (on private property) and might be visible this winter. I suppose by the time it finally falls out of the tree, my name and telephone number will have faded out!

Glad you recovered some of your stuff.
Thanks. The back story to this brand new quad is that I had just bought it for myself as a graduation gift. I had been in and out of college for 37 years (no joke) and when I graduated I bought this nice P2 to celebrate. I was heart broken when it disappeared. I was tickled to get the heropro back along with the video to tell the whole story. After almost 2 years the camera still works perfectly. So that warms my heart.

I have lost several gliders and planes in the trees and eventually they fall down. I shot one out of a tree with a potato canon to retrieve the electronics. I blew the zfoam plane to smitherenes. Ha.

Back when I lost the P2 I spoke to a few neighbors in the area. They promised to be on the lookout.

Gonna try this link one more time.

"
"

Man the is really crazy! Amazing video, hopefully you will get her back up and running, that would be great. Too bad you didn't have a tracker on it.

Last edited:
A little TLC and a few misc. parts and she'll be airworthy again. Love the P2's.
I'd go for it...

Ok. I ordered a new set of screws, skids, stickers and props. Let's keep fingers crossed as to its airworthiness. I'll repost over in P2 so as not to anger the P3P forum gods. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic