Problems with Home Lock/RTH

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain my problem is user error, but it has happened more than once.
At the large playing field I fly at, I always calibrate the compass, I have latest firmware and like to think I am a careful pilot. I use the latest version of Litchi
I normally have 7-12 satellites showing
i do a manual takeoff, let the bird hover for 20 secs or so, double check RTH altitude (set at 60 meters)
I do not move from the point of takeoff,
Now I will fly out around 50-60mtrs and activate the RTH by flipping the rh switch to F position and activating the return on the app screen.
The bird immediately climbs to 60 mtrs and heads towards me. As I watch the bird flies towards me and when I expect it to descend IT OVERFLIES MY POSITION and heads off behind me' I have immediately switched back to GPS and taken control
This has happened at more than one location, and the locations are 10-12km away.
Any ideas would be welcome!
Cheers,
Brian

I'm pretty certain my problem is user error, but it has happened more than once.
At the large playing field I fly at, I always calibrate the compass, I have latest firmware and like to think I am a careful pilot. I use the latest version of Litchi
I normally have 7-12 satellites showing
i do a manual takeoff, let the bird hover for 20 secs or so, double check RTH altitude (set at 60 meters)
I do not move from the point of takeoff,
Now I will fly out around 50-60mtrs and activate the RTH by flipping the rh switch to F position and activating the return on the app screen.
The bird immediately climbs to 60 mtrs and heads towards me. As I watch the bird flies towards me and when I expect it to descend IT OVERFLIES MY POSITION and heads off behind me' I have immediately switched back to GPS and taken control
This has happened at more than one location, and the locations are 10-12km away.
Any ideas would be welcome!
Cheers,
Brian

what happens if you do NOT flip to f position prior to your RTH via the app?

I guess I am unsure why you are doing the s switch at all at that point!
you have turned off the GPS and RTH uses GPS to guide it HOME...

good luck and have fun flying!

Do you know that calibrating the compass for no particular reason will sometimes give you unfavorable results?

There's a very nice flat well-maintained playing field owned by the county nearby where I sometimes fly, and I've found if I do a calibration on it, my compass is a bit whacky. I guess there's metal in the field.

Thanks for your replies - Using Litchi if I tap the H icon, a message appears which tells you you must switch to F position, so I have always done that.
As far as calibrating the compass I have always done that every session even if it is the same location as last time I flew.
I'm a bit confused!
Cheers,
Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic