problem with take off and return on display

Reaction score
On my crystalsky display I cannot use either takeoff or return. On takeoff have to use sticks down and inward to take off to return have to use button on controller. Menu on display was not any help. Any help would be welcomed. Have updated everything.

What happens when you attempt to tap the auto takeoff icon?

Do you also see the screen that prompts you to slide the bar to take off?

Yes it was there it slides but does not work. Thanks I well go into greater detail it does not with my android tablet also.

Did you have a good GPS connection at the time?

On my crystalsky display I cannot use either takeoff or return. On takeoff have to use sticks down and inward to take off to return have to use button on controller. Menu on display was not any help. Any help would be welcomed. Have updated everything.
Do you have the P4P+ controller with built in display, or the P4P with the clip-on CrystalSky display?

Many people are incorrectly referring to the P4P+ controller having "CrystalSky". That's incorrect, and a little confusing, so that's why I'm asking, just to confirm.

upload_2017-11-16_16-25-18.png

upload_2017-11-16_16-26-11.png

Last edited:
Is the firmware up-to-date on both your Phantom and CrystalSky?

Do you have the P4P+ controller with built in display, or the P4P with the clip-on CrystalSky display?

Many people are incorrectly referring to the P4P+ controller having "CrystalSky". That's incorrect, and a little confusing, so that's why I'm asking, just to confirm.
I have p4p not the plus with crystalsky tablet. I can say it sure makes a difference being able to view the screen in sun light.

And you're able to consistently reproduce this issue?

Since it doesn't work with your Android phone either, that somewhat eliminates the CrystalSky being the problem. Did this start suddenly when you started using CrystalSky, or was this always the case with your android device?

Can you borrow someone's iPhone or iPad and see if that works OK? I have a hunch it will be the same result, but it's something else to consider trying.

Did you change the craft in any way when this problem started?

Since it doesn't work with your Android phone either, that somewhat eliminates the CrystalSky being the problem. Did this start suddenly when you started using CrystalSky, or was this always the case with your android device?

Can you borrow someone's iPhone or iPad and see if that works OK? I have a hunch it will be the same result, but it's something else to consider trying.

Did you change the craft in any way when this problem started?
This started 5 or 6 days ago. I have tried turning everything on and off with no luck. I'm beginning to think it is the controller. On iPhone I do not have or know of anyone that has one. I have several android devices that I have tried no luck.

This started 5 or 6 days ago.
Did anything notable change between the time it last worked and now? For example, did you install new firmware?

Did anything notable change between the time it last worked and now? For example, did you install new firmware?
I have purchased DJI goggles been trying to get them to work with android tablets I also installed HMDI output module. I did install a newer firmware for goggles it was causing my video to mess up went back to older firmware. current firmware I'm using now v01.03.1000 newest firmware v01.04.0000 goggles working great with crystalsky would not work with android.

went back to older firmware
Perhaps this is an undocumented bug or just not a common issue. It would be interesting to see if installing the latest firmware resolves the issue.

Perhaps this is an undocumented bug or just not a common issue. It would be interesting to see if installing the latest firmware resolves the issue.

I removed hmdi output module reinstalled usb module its working great now including goggles. DJI support tried to help, had me reset controller which did not help. Wanted me to send in everything for them to look at. They would send another unit. I'm not sending it in since it is working, I could receive another problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl