Problem with scroll wheel RC?

Reaction score
Hello my friends. I got a used remote control and I want you to tell me how the scroll wheel works for gimbal. I turn it left or right and it makes a very minimal return to the previous position. Is that how it should work?

Screenshot.png

Last edited:
Hello my friends. I got a used remote control and I want you to tell me how the scroll wheel works for gimbal. I turn it left or right and it makes a very minimal return to the previous position. Is that how it should work?

View attachment 121186
Yip it should do about 1/4 turn each direction,it will be electronically reset to middle on the dial regardless how far you move it,,,,,
Is this what you mean----,,if it feels spring gone stretched you might need to open to check what visibly is happening,?...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Yip it should do about 1/4 turn each direction,it will be electronically reset to middle on the dial regardless how far you move it,,,,,
Is this what you mean----,,if it feels spring gone stretched you might need to open to check what visibly is happening,?...........
Yes, the wheel does not reset as it should. I have to open it to see what happens, as if stuck. Is there anyone tutorial for help?

Does the stick calibration, including the wheel, function correctly? Does it make a difference afterwards?

Does the stick calibration, including the wheel, function correctly? Does it make a difference afterwards?
I have seen the above video that opens RC. The wheel now works well and has a reset. Strange ... But now I have identified another problem. In the photo with the red arrow, the point where the film catches is almost detached. Can I do something myself or send it for repair?

Attachments

• Inked138961836_226156219004018_587636099431134n_LI.jpg
    Inked138961836_226156219004018_587636099431134n_LI.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 119
  • Inked139087822_411366063313039_6615306998_n_LI.jpg
    Inked139087822_411366063313039_6615306998_n_LI.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
If you have a P4Pro and can't get this RC working right, I have an RC for sale. I am in Austin TX

I have seen the above video that opens RC. The wheel now works well and has a reset. Strange ... But now I have identified another problem. In the photo with the red arrow, the point where the film catches is almost detached. Can I do something myself or send it for repair?
That’s going to be a problem to repair from the looks of it. Also, the plastic cover for the USB board on the bottom of the remote should have been removed first, then remove the USB board, then separate the two shell halves.

Hot glue is used elsware to hold cables etc. Once good contact is confirmed, might be useful to ensure it holds shut. DJI fixes remotes cheaper than most with easy shipping labels (Usually $100 no matter the problem incl batt replacement).Open a ticket if unable to do yourself.

Hot glue is used elsware to hold cables etc. Once good contact is confirmed, might be useful to ensure it holds shut. DJI fixes remotes cheaper than most with easy shipping labels (Usually $100 no matter the problem incl batt replacement).Open a ticket if unable to do yourself.
I’d be afraid that when the connector is pushed back down into place, it’ll weaken the solder joints. So insuring that good contact is still intact would be key to its success.

I’d be afraid that when the connector is pushed back down into place, it’ll weaken the solder joints. So insuring that good contact is still intact would be key to its success.
Where you say my friend about the hot elsware glue for holding cables etc, how is it done? Is there a video to figure out what to do?

Where you say my friend about the hot elsware glue for holding cables etc, how is it done? Is there a video to figure out what to do?
I don’t know of any videos of doing it. You would need to gently push the white connector back down as close as possible to its original position and then carefully glue it to secure it in place.

Reactions: giorgos1966
If a hassel to send off for repair,,have a search around for a second remote and just relink,might work out cheaper than a repair ,,just a idea

Reactions: KachemakDiver
If a hassel to send off for repair,,have a search around for a second remote and just relink,might work out cheaper than a repair ,,just a idea
I will try to stick it with patience. If I do not succeed I will send it to an electronic laboratory. Although it is not repaired there then I will find another used one.

Anyone who knows electronic connections well, can you tell me what to stick to? Do I have to stick with tin what I have circled in red? In the middle I see a gap between them. All these contacts? Or to do what my friend KachemakDiver #12
told me to just lower the white connector as it is and fix it with silicone or glue so that it does not leave again?

Attachments

• 46860_n_LI.jpg
    46860_n_LI.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Inked13866_n_LI.jpg
    Inked13866_n_LI.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Anyone who knows electronic connections well, can you tell me what to stick to? Do I have to stick with tin what I have circled in red? In the middle I see a gap between them. All these contacts? Or to do what my friend KachemakDiver #12
told me to just lower the white connector as it is and fix it with silicone or glue so that it does not leave again?
You could use a fine tip on a soldering iron and reflow each joint then carefully push the connector back in place enough to be able to install the flat cable correctly. As it stands right now, what could it hurt? Definitely worth a try ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.