Problem with P2V+ tilting 45 deg and snapping back

Reaction score
Hi All, I have a situation where the camera seems to roll about 45 deg and snap back, as shown in this short video: http://youtu.be/QGYNV8lr_jM. At the 10-second mark, the roll happens after turning clockwise. Rolls back and forth as long as I stay pointing in that direction, but then when I return back to the original heading, everything's ok. Seems the P2V itself doesn't roll, just the camera/gimbal.

This happens periodically (not on all flights), and when it does happen, it only happens when the unit points in some specific direction (which is typically different from flight to flight).

I thought that perhaps wind gusts in a particular direction were causing this, but I also see this happen with very little wind (though not as often as when it's more windy out).

Tried advanced cal but didn't help. Checked the gimbal and camera connections, everything seems fine. The device was bought new about 2 months ago.

Anyone seen this? Any ideas?

Thanks

UPDATE: contacted DJI; they said it needs to be RMA'd.

mishka00 said:
Hi All, I have a situation where the camera seems to roll about 45 deg and snap back, as shown in this short video: http://youtu.be/QGYNV8lr_jM. At the 10-second mark, the roll happens after turning clockwise. Rolls back and forth as long as I stay pointing in that direction, but then when I return back to the original heading, everything's ok. Seems the P2V itself doesn't roll, just the camera/gimbal.

This happens periodically (not on all flights), and when it does happen, it only happens when the unit points in some specific direction (which is typically different from flight to flight).

I thought that perhaps wind gusts in a particular direction were causing this, but I also see this happen with very little wind (though not as often as when it's more windy out).

Tried advanced cal but didn't help. Checked the gimbal and camera connections, everything seems fine. The device was bought new about 2 months ago.

Anyone seen this? Any ideas?

Thanks

Do you have a TK102 or similar device running ? A flytrex ?

Could be the tilt issue beginning to manifest itself.
The gimbal maybe biased and trying to overcome the misalignment I think..
Hold the phantom in front of your face without the props on and tilt bit by bit and see if the gimbal struggles more on one side than the other.
You could always inspect the gimbal and take off the back plate with the 3 screws and see if the "D" is misaligned.

Mako79 said:
Hold the phantom in front of your face without the props on and tilt bit by bit and see if the gimbal struggles more on one side than the other.
You could always inspect the gimbal and take off the back plate with the 3 screws and see if the "D" is misaligned.

if the D is misaligned then why is the camera level in the first place ?
Its interference of some kind that dis( inter )rupt(s) with the commands send to the gimbal.
Question is were does it come from.

Mako79 said:
Thanks, I'll try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31