Problem with my photos and videos

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am having this problem with the photos and videos on my phantom 4, see picture. All the pictures/videos I have taken recently have the same problem, and I can't figure it out, I hadn't changed any image settings but the videos are worse then the still images.
Any help is really appreciated,
Thanks
DJI_0419.JPG
DJI_0340.JPG

That appears to be an exposure issue. What were your video and still settings? Just judging primarily from the second image.

Reactions: dclifton
This is definitely not a camera setting issue.

You have something funky going on. I have no idea what though. Maybe try a different sd card? Or upload to a different device? Have you done any recent work to your drone or had any crashes lately?

I thought the same, however I have seen that exposure issue before, simply judging from the contrast and overexposure of the clouds in the second image. Still could be something else though.

I thought the same, however I have seen that exposure issue before, simply judging from the contrast and overexposure of the clouds in the second image. Still could be something else though.

The exposure in the first pic looks fine. Look at it close up and you’ll see the issue.

94EEF5DF-8CCA-404B-8D14-E8C04063C291.png

You have something funky going on. I have no idea what though. Maybe try a different sd card? Or upload to a different device? Have you done any recent work to your drone or had any crashes lately?
Nothing at all.
It was fine a couple of months ago and I was using it a lot. But I have done a short plane trip and a long car trip since. And after that it started having these problems. I had not changed the settings at all. It was the third plane trip that I have taken it on.

Maybe it was knocked around during the plane trip?

I honestly don’t know what to tell you. If it worked fine before the trip, then something probably happened during the trip to cause the problem.

Wait and see if more people chime in. If not, you might consider taking it to a repair shop and let them have a look.

I had this issue when I was using a cheap card reader to transfer the files to my computer. I'd try a different SD card and reader or different computer.

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
I had this issue when I was using a cheap card reader to transfer the files to my computer. I'd try a different SD card and reader or different computer.
Well I admit I am using a cheep card reader, but it it the only one I have ever used. I will try a different one though. Thanks for the idea.

download photos to your tablet/phone from your phantom , it should confirm a bad card reader

Confirmed that is not the card reader, by viewing straight from the drone to tablet. It is not the tablet as it is the same on a laptop.

Will have to do some more experimenting with settings and calibrations.

Still open to suggestions;):(

Here are some screen shots of the camera settings when the image is playing up.
I am unsure why, but in photo mode it displays less lines and dots (see images).
I am also wondering if the forward facing sensors could have anything to do with it and if i need to calabrate them?
Screenshot_2018-01-07-18-29-28.png
Screenshot_2018-01-07-18-29-22.png
Screenshot_2018-01-07-18-28-42.png
Screenshot_2018-01-07-18-28-30.png

Okay tried that, makes a small diference (both worse and better) but it does not fix it.
Also calabrated the sensors with DJI assistant 2 but that made no difference.:(
Any more ideas anyone?

Okay tried that, makes a small diference (both worse and better) but it does not fix it.
Also calabrated the sensors with DJI assistant 2 but that made no difference.:(
Any more ideas anyone?
All else that comes to mind is playing with transmission channels under HD ,ages ago I read something about stuck pixels,see if Google brings up anything of help although I don't think is is that it might be worth a read,,another idea mayby usb cord bit faulty,there's a post also in p4 help by @jasonjlee about dots very similar about white dots,might pay to watch that post and see what replys come in

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember seeing this on YouTube with a guy called ken heron. Forgot what he done but he sussed out the problem. Can't find the link but if you YouTube he's name he will have a video describing your problem

Last edited:
I can't seem to be able to find anything searching 'men heron' if you could give me a link of the youtube video, or somthing. That would be appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr