Problem Solved!- RC Calibration

Reaction score
Hi all. I want to share my short story for others to benefit. As an engineer I read the manual and attempted to do all calibrations "by the book." I thought I was in regards to RC calibration but learned that you MUST also calibrate the RC gimbal camera pitch "roller" control to complete the RC calibration. I did not, until now, and now problems are solved. They include: (1) I continued to get a red RC LED beeping that would only go away when connected to aircraft after I moved the RC sticks around and around a few times. Then the RC LED would turn green and all would be fine. That no longer happens. (2) I started having problems starting the motors. This was creeping up and become more and more of a problem. I could easily start the motors by DJI GO app auto take off touch button but could not start motors by pulling RC sticks down and back in either directions. It would takes a few times of shutting it all down and restarting and continuing to pull the RC stick down/back to eventually start the motors. Since I have calibrated the RC by completing the process by moving the gimbal camera pitch "roller" control back and forth, I can start the motors on the first try. Just want you all to know so you don't fall into this trap. I know I've seen this on the boards somewhere in the past but wanted to bump it up to the front again. Oh... and don't be overconfident in your abilities to follow the procedures "by the book." You all are great and very helpful. Thanks.

Reactions: goodfodder
So glad you worked out your issues. I wish you had joined the forum sooner. We often remind people about completing the RC cal to help with those symptoms and also warn about not forgetting the scroll wheels. We could have saved you some frustration. Cheers sir!

Here's a video showing the proper remote controller calibration process (as described above):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Teamfour
Thanks Oso; Thanks msinger. I was overconfident that I read everything and watched all videos and thought I was doing it right, but .... After watching that video msinger, I don't believe I saw that one. I feel like an idiot and humiliated that I cannot follow instructions, but darn these things are complicated- the reason I bought a P3A! Thanks again folks.

No worries. You're not alone. I helped at least two people resolve this same issue in the past week.

Thanks Oso; Thanks msinger. I was overconfident that I read everything and watched all videos and thought I was doing it right, but .... After watching that video msinger, I don't believe I saw that one. I feel like an idiot and humiliated that I cannot follow instructions, but darn these things are complicated- the reason I bought a P3A! Thanks again folks.
You're welcome sir.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic