Problem obtaining GPS lock.

Reaction score
I recently crashed my phantom,I have made the necessary repairs, new shell, new receiver and front left ESC...I went out to test it today and I was really struggling to get a GPS lock. I would get it for a few seconds but I kept losing it. At one point I had 10 satellites, but that rapidly dropped to below 6 and I lost the lock. Can anybody give me any suggestions please?

Jenko1989 said:
I recently crashed my phantom,I have made the necessary repairs, new shell, new receiver and front left ESC...I went out to test it today and I was really struggling to get a GPS lock. I would get it for a few seconds but I kept losing it. At one point I had 10 satellites, but that rapidly dropped to below 6 and I lost the lock. Can anybody give me any suggestions please?

If its recently purchased take it back if you have had it for a while and thats not an option proceed with below.

1. You can always start with the GPS plug. It has no retainer so it may slop around and break connection. You can use a couple dabs of low temp hot glue to secure it.

2. If it occurs during video recording you can shield your GPS unit with copper tape.

3. SInce you crashed. One thing that often occurs is the ceramic GPS antenna breaks. I replace these antennas with a new high gain +3db antenna and it can get you 2 more satellites.

Attachments

• GPS mod 001.JPG
    GPS mod 001.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 366
  • drone1211 006.JPG
    drone1211 006.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 374

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads