PROBLEM FOUND: No Video Link - Now to get it fixed . . .

Reaction score
Had my P3 for just over a month now, and from the start, video downlink has been problematic. It was worse at times, and then better, but now completely gone, and the P3 would power up and continuously complained with D D .. .. D D .. .. Today I continued my search on the internet, and found that most of the transient problems around video seemed to be loose connections, and damaged cables from a crash. so I removed the Gyro and found the ribbon cable going to the Ultrasonic sensor seemed to be not fully seated. After a small push I powered the bird back up, and the D D .. .. D D .. .. went away, but still no video.

I removed the Gimbal mounting plate, and then found the root of my problem!
Likely a manufacturing defect from day 1 that has grown and worsened from the various hard landings. There is a shallow channel in the bottom of the P3 that the cable runs along, and then through a cutout on the plate, During factory assembly, the one strand of this ribbon cable was pinched between the plate, and the body of the P3. PROBLEM FOUND!

Now the BIG Question, will DJI honor this as a warranty claim. I hope they will, or I will be very disappointed in them as a company.

Reactions: Scozz76
There's only one way to find out. Contact DJI and let us know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1