Pro+ "Unfortunately DJI GO4 has stopped"

Reaction score
Upon initial start up, the prompt repeatedly appears, crashes. Given the App's direct internal instaIlation, there isn't a way to access folders other than through start up which crashing app will not allow. Firmware updated through SD Card and it appeared everything loaded correctly. This did not happen until update was installed. Thoughts?

I've never had the DJI app crash during a flight, the only one time it did when I was changing some settings and it crashed, rebooted and then all went well. I guess it didn't like some of my changes.
Zero problems with it since then. If I remember correctly the DJI app crashed before the last FW update so maybe the latest FW update fixed itself.

While my word alone doesn't have much merit, I have had the GO4 App crash on my Pro+ on a few occasions at cold start. I'll typically reboot the controller and give it a minute to "warm up". Another intermittent issue is the RC connecting to the AC, but no video feed -- which again requires a RC reboot.

I've had the app crash twice mid flight, and required a controller reboot. The reboot took less than 60 seconds to cycle and re-establish connection with the bird, so RTH was not initiated and I didn't trust the fail safe enough to hit RTH, and took the risk not knowing if RTH would work after power cycling the RC. Scary stuff, and not too confidence inspiring. Definitely a stark reminder of why maintaining VLOS is so important. Waiting for RC firmware updates from DJI before taking too much risk with this P4P+ controller. Be safe!

Reactions: azgeek
This fixed it for me;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This fixed it for me;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To be completely honest, I tried this before I had any issues with my P4P+ to see if it would allow me to store vids from the RC to the RC's micro SD card, and I didn't have any issues with the RC until AFTER I tried this. So I'd say as a word of caution to P4P+ users who haven't had any RC issues -- don't try this "fix" unless you're seeing RC issues.

Has happened to me a few times, luckily with my bird on the ground not mid-flight. Usually a reboot on both remote and aircraft side fixes it, but definitely buggy enough to want a fix asap from DJI... still waiting.

I'm having the same problem setting up my new PP4+ The message, "unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped" I followed the video on this post and the message still pops up. Any other suggestions? Total frustration here!

I've had this problem appear in all firmware updates. I've had some type of bug or two with the app on the RC+ since It came out. Most recently last week on a job, latest edition firmware, just after take off, app stopped responding. I think the software in the RC+ is buggy still, sometimes it hangs during recording and will not stop REC with the hard button or by tapping the screen. Sometimes it will not quit an intelligent mode when you try to return to normal. I'm not sure if the processing power of the RC+ can handle all write, cache, and app functions at once. I've noticed more issues when shooting 4K than when shooting 1080p. Sometimes all that works is landing and rebooting aircraft and controller. Not so PROFESSIONAL like the model would say.

I can also say that i had crashes on the app and that was my 2nd time flying the bird, i was trying to use the intelligent flight modes and it would crash... Nothing would respond and had to restart the rc... Now im scared to use these features because i dont want the rc craching on me when the bird is in the air.

Thanks for the input. I did go on the DJI website and chat with them. They suggested downloading a firmware update and installing it on the RC, which I did. Problem solve for now. Just did my first flight yesterday with no problems. However, I have not tried the intelligent flight modes yet.

I can also say that i had crashes on the app and that was my 2nd time flying the bird, i was trying to use the intelligent flight modes and it would crash... Nothing would respond and had to restart the rc... Now im scared to use these features because i dont want the rc craching on me when the bird is in the air.

###Yup! Me TOO! I did the sd cad reset from the vid before l flew. It seemed to really help . HOWEVER 5th flight l did a Intel Flight. Point of Interest, over water no less and the friggin thing froze. No monitor, but stuck in orbit mode. Could get close but couldnt land or nab it. Finally gambled with RTH and got it back. Harrowing. The intell. Flight modes are trouble with P4P+. Sigh l bought it because it was supposed to be stable.

Thanks for the input. I did go on the DJI website and chat with them. They suggested downloading a firmware update and installing it on the RC, which I did. Problem solve for now. Just did my first flight yesterday with no problems. However, I have not tried the intelligent flight modes yet.

## For brand new bird , l did a firmware update. Still froze, before even flyng. Did the memory card reset. That helped. Did 4 or 5 easy test Flights. Used Intell. Flight: Line, Follow, Track . Point of Interest. OK. Today did Point of Interst. Couldnt exit Then it froze. Over water no less. Not pretty. Got ut back but. Be Careful with Intell. Flight. Let us know if DJI says anything. My next move is to contact them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31