P3 Firmware Unfortunately DJI Go has stopped WTF

Reaction score
I am beginning to understand all these Phantoms which fall from a gazillion feet up, phantoms which crash into brick walls at 200 miles per hour, and which happily fly straight into saltwater a half mile offshore.

I believe for my money it may become more enjoyable to see this demon possessed bird fly off into the sunset never to be seen again than to keep putting up with this garbage.

I have a Galaxy Note 4, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and a LG G Stylo, so all you Fan Boy apologists just keep your pie holes shut about needing better equipment or being a cheapscape. I have spent the money, read all the sketchy manuals, and surfed these forums. BTW I already know that a forum contributor with 10,000 post who knows E V E R Y T H I N G...usually does not, he/she just has waaaaay too much time, so don't waste mine.

Now that we are acquainted, here is what triggered me. I try to use my Galaxy Tab 8.4 with my P3A because of the big screen and better outdoor readability. I have been reading up on "intelligent Flight Modes" and want to use Home Lock. So I put the bird in the air, get it far enough away that the feature might be available, program everything to enable it, find the secret extra double secret information telling me the FAP switch must be in F mode, and look for the selector to appear between satellites and Aircraft status, on my screen.

For all my money and efforts I suddenly see a little box which tells me I am on my own. Good Luck Chump. "Unfortunately DJI GOhas stopped" and you are now flying by the seat of yore panties. A bit of an understatement, I think.

I successfully land and try again. No, I didn't trot my happy *** into the house and recharge my flipping battery. I have already read all the treatises on here from the self-proclaimed experts who haven't a shred of engineering evidence to back up their claims concerning never starting without 100 percent battery. Three times in a row and I gave up. I had long ago plunked down my money for the Litchi app, Useless. Cant get it to work on anything, so that isn't an option either.

Next question will be do I have the latest software. NO. I at least had sense enough to not go through the latest upgrade circus, after reading about it on here.

Thanks for reading. Does anyone have any suggestions?

a course in politeness maybe?

I've read your post a few times and I ain't got a clue what your point is, other than you can't get it to work on your galaxy note 4 - cheaskate ;););)

and you insult members, thats gonna go well mate

welcome to the forum

Reactions: Gutch
What is your question. What version of firmware is on your phantom and RC. Did you enable intelligent fight modes in the GO app. You need version 1.4 in order to use intelligent flight modes. And you need the version before that in order to install 1.4 or anything higher . The most recent FW is 1.9.60. Once you have 1.4 you can enable Flight modes in the Go app and then when you toggle your switch to F. And those flight modes will show up on your go app.

a course in politeness maybe?

I've read your post a few times and I ain't got a clue what your point is, other than you can't get it to work on your galaxy note 4 - cheaskate ;););)

and you insult members, thats gonna go well mate

welcome to the forum
Thanks Hue: Point well taken. I appreciate the helpful notes. Meant cheapscape. I have just been on so many forums where people offer helpful? advice that a retarded Rhino could figure out.

there are some know it alls who do give incorrect advice, but if you cross referance stuff and use the search function, you usually find a correct answer

i use a few forums and this one is by far the best in terms of 'keyboard warriors' and the lack of them

What is your question. What version of firmware is on your phantom and RC. Did you enable intelligent fight modes in the GO app. You need version 1.4 in order to use intelligent flight modes. And you need the version before that in order to install 1.4 or anything higher . The most recent FW is 1.9.60. Once you have 1.4 you can enable Flight modes in the Go app and then when you toggle your switch to F. And those flight modes will show up on your go app.
Thanks, that was quick. Without looking up everything, the DJI, AC, and RC are all at the next to latest firmware, IE: current as of about two or three weeks ago.

Update, I tried with my lowly little LG phone and it worked fine. It should be noted that most if not all of the You Tube, Phantom Pilot, and DJI documentation is WRONG. With DJI Go 2.80 I believe, (as there is no "about" in GO) so I can not simply turn on my phone and look it up right now, the little blue indicator does not appear in the upper status/notification bar between the satellite count and aircraft status. Instead, a much larger band appears across the bottom of the screen offering the IFM choices. By standing inside the garage where I could read it, but still with sight of the bird I was able to test the feature. Thanks for your help. BTW I spent a large part of my life writing software for Nav and Ordinance delivery systems for fighter jets, I may expect too much from a toy.

there are some know it alls who do give incorrect advice, but if you cross referance stuff and use the search function, you usually find a correct answer

i use a few forums and this one is by far the best in terms of 'keyboard warriors' and the lack of them
It worked with the last phone I tried, see above. Documentation across the board is wrong. Thanks again.

I am beginning to understand all these Phantoms which fall from a gazillion feet up, phantoms which crash into brick walls at 200 miles per hour, and which happily fly straight into saltwater a half mile offshore.

I believe for my money it may become more enjoyable to see this demon possessed bird fly off into the sunset never to be seen again than to keep putting up with this garbage.

I have a Galaxy Note 4, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and a LG G Stylo, so all you Fan Boy apologists just keep your pie holes shut about needing better equipment or being a cheapscape. I have spent the money, read all the sketchy manuals, and surfed these forums. BTW I already know that a forum contributor with 10,000 post who knows E V E R Y T H I N G...usually does not, he/she just has waaaaay too much time, so don't waste mine.

Now that we are acquainted, here is what triggered me. I try to use my Galaxy Tab 8.4 with my P3A because of the big screen and better outdoor readability. I have been reading up on "intelligent Flight Modes" and want to use Home Lock. So I put the bird in the air, get it far enough away that the feature might be available, program everything to enable it, find the secret extra double secret information telling me the FAP switch must be in F mode, and look for the selector to appear between satellites and Aircraft status, on my screen.

For all my money and efforts I suddenly see a little box which tells me I am on my own. Good Luck Chump. "Unfortunately DJI GOhas stopped" and you are now flying by the seat of yore panties. A bit of an understatement, I think.

I successfully land and try again. No, I didn't trot my happy *** into the house and recharge my flipping battery. I have already read all the treatises on here from the self-proclaimed experts who haven't a shred of engineering evidence to back up their claims concerning never starting without 100 percent battery. Three times in a row and I gave up. I had long ago plunked down my money for the Litchi app, Useless. Cant get it to work on anything, so that isn't an option either.

Next question will be do I have the latest software. NO. I at least had sense enough to not go through the latest upgrade circus, after reading about it on here.

Thanks for reading. Does anyone have any suggestions?
One more question: How do you exit out of Intelligent Flight Mode? I was using Home Lock and could not convince the bird to get close to me. I was trying to land into the backyard, but it would not RTH or hover over me. I could not see a way to exit.

One more question: How do you exit out of Intelligent Flight Mode? I was using Home Lock and could not convince the bird to get close to me. I was trying to land into the backyard, but it would not RTH or hover over me. I could not see a way to exit.
Switch the mode from F to P, simple as that to get out of intelligent flight mode. Also, RTH will not work if the Phantom is too close. It will auto land.

I just switch back to P Mode and it exits.

Switch the mode from F to P, simple as that to get out of intelligent flight mode. Also, RTH will not work if the Phantom is too close. It will auto land.
Yaaa. I had tried the FAP mode switch earlier and got the death threat "DJI Go has stopped" so was a little gunshy with that method. I managed to coax it (DJI GO) to offer me an exit option. I think it was in response to the RTH button. If you just leave the IFM graphic covering a a crucial part of your screen, there is an exit item on it, as it covers all the camera controls on the right side. Oh Well. Thanks everyone. Kinda like going out with a chicken wing girl...you know you are gonna eventually get dumped, and you are almost looking forward to it. Later

Reactions: Sesmith016

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31