Unfortunately, DJI Go app has stopped

Reaction score
I really hope someone can help with this......
I have been flying my P4Pro since Xmas and as it has generally been fine so I haven't felt the need to do any updates. However in the last week or 2 its starting to do some weird things, finally getting to the stage where this mornings efforts were almost impossible. I only managed to get the craft up twice and both times it was acting up.
So I thought I'd bite the bullet and do some upgrades...and its only gotten worse. I thought I would first upgrade the remote controller and can't even get into the app to try to do that. I've updated the app ( a couple of times) and now when I try to launch the app all I am getting is "Unfortunately, DJI Go app has stopped". I'm a bit stuck now, not really sure what I should be doing...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Can you use DJI Assistant 2 on a PC/Mac to do the updates.

Don't update to the most recent firmware. Take the one before the most recent.

Plug the RC to your PC and use Assistant 2 to reset it, the RC will load from the recovery kernel and it should work again.

You just plug your drone in to the computer via the USB cable and port on the drone.

Then it should show your drone right there on the spot. If not try turning your drone off and then back on.

When I tried that, nothing happens....Assistant opens but there is nothing showing me what to do......no options to open....
It sounds like your Assistant isn't installed correctly, there was a driver issue a while back so it could be that if the RC isn't showing up when you turn it on and then plug its micro usb to your PC. Does the PC make a noise as it loads the driver? Does the P4P get displayed if you plug it in instead of the RC?
If the P4P and/or the RC don't show up when you plug them in to the PC I would try this fix for your Assistant 2 on your PC from "smiller" to see if it fixes the PC connection issue...

From smiller
I figured out the problem...

There is indeed a driver update with 1.1.0 and it appears to be improperly digitally signed. By default some Windows installations will not install unsigned drivers (and in fact I think I saw this warning flash by during the original installation.) The fix is to use Windows 'Advanced Startup' and disable driver signature enforcement. After this is done you can go to Device Manager and (with the P4P connected) look for the DJI driver in an error state, right click and then select 'uninstall.' Then disconnect and reconnect the P4P USB connection and the driver will reinstall, successfully this time. You should see that the error flag on the icon in Device Manager has gone away and you will no longer see the 'reboot aircraft' message in DJI Assistant.

Hello Andrew, if you use the search engine (magnifying glass) at the top, you will find a bunch of threads similar to your problem. I recently posted on your other thread on the DJI Aust forum.

Just an update for those of you that have offered support....I'm sort of back on track, though still glitchy. Managed a flight this arvo (at least I could get off the ground!) Will see what happens in tomorrows minus 2 degree start to the day! Many thanks to those that have chimed in with their suggestions......that's one of the great things about this forum...people's willingness to help!

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West