Pro Monitor

Reaction score
Hi,
Thinking of buying a 4 pro but have heard the attached monitor is solely for the drone so you can't download apps like Litchi etc. Can anyone advise?

It's for sure that the 4P monitor will not have iOS on it. It can have android or its own OS. No details are yet known.

It's true that it will be a dedicated device to DJI products. DJI is not in OS field so we will have to wait and watch.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The attached monitor does run the Android OS and other Android apps can be installed on it. At this time, there are no 3rd party apps available for the P4P. Once available, I'm not sure if any of them can be run in place of DJI GO.

I hope it's not android. I hope they bring thier own os to the table. That would be great.

If dji stuff is optimized for Apple products why would they make an android monitor? Come on dji

The attached monitor does run the Android OS and other Android apps can be installed on it. At this time, there are no 3rd party apps available for the P4P. Once available, I'm not sure if any of them can be run in place of DJI GO.
This is interesting. Have you been able to verify this Android display has access to the Android Play Store?

Yuneec Android displays do not have Play Store access.

This is interesting. Have you been able to verify this Android display has access to the Android Play Store?
All I know is Ed Windham has one that has other Android apps installed on it.

IMG_0232.JPG

Those may be pre- installed by DJI for social media access to post videos, which is interesting. We need to ask Ed if he loaded any of those apps from the play store. It would be great if he did. From this view of "All Applications" icons, it appears there is no traditional PlayStore icon to gain access to the PlayStore. The "Downloads" icon implies DJI may host their own limited assortment of approved applications to be downloaded to work on the device.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thinking of buying a 4 pro but have heard the attached monitor is solely for the drone so you can't download apps like Litchi etc. Can anyone advise?

That's correct, 3rd party apps cannot be used on dji monitor. (without articulating the unit)

I fly with goggles most of the time however i paid the extra $500 aud and ordered my pro with their monitor because the cheaper option without the monitor does not come with a hdmi port. (which i need for the goggles)

WIth seperate hdmi port being nearly $200 on its own, rather than go through hassle of installing it myself (as i had to do with my p3 last year) i just ordered it with their monitor (essentially an extra $300)

The extra sd micro card slot & microphone that comes with the monitor may be useful later on.

Reactions: tak5501
That's correct, 3rd party apps cannot be used on dji monitor. (without articulating the unit)

I fly with goggles most of the time however i paid the extra $500 aud and ordered my pro with their monitor because the cheaper option without the monitor does not come with a hdmi port. (which i need for the goggles)

WIth seperate hdmi port being nearly $200 on its own, rather than go through hassle of installing it myself (as i had to do with my p3 last year) i just ordered it with their monitor (essentially an extra $300)
The HDMI module is only $99, and it takes about 15min to install. There are YouTube videos that show how to do it. It's very easy when you see the video.
I hear that Litchi will be available to download and run on the Android display, which makes sense. However it appears it won't be downloaded through the Play Store. This implies DJI will have their own download host for "approved" apps, but I'm unsure how the payment method will work. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik