Pretty sure I just lost my drone to Mexican customs.

It's a shame to hear of situations like this, crooked people like that gives bad name to a whole country...

Unfortunately happens very often, in one occasion they confiscate a bottle of tequila that I was bringing back for a friend as gift, they literally take it out of my bag and put the bottle under the counter of the customs desk... Now I travel as light as i can to make it easy and avoid irregular situations.

And my block & brick layer replied with this:
View attachment 49942
But we're wishing you, all the good luck and many best wishes... Of its return to you, in one piece. ;-)

RedHotPoker
Never been to Mexico, just for this reason. I would be flying a private plane down, and the stories I have heard about doing such things-------------------Not to mention what the US customs have done without even the slightest provocation---------

Did you get the officers names? if they don't give you your drone back you should file a complaint with the mexican government at the following website: Quejas y denuncias

On that website there are also some phone numbers you may call in case they abuse their power in anyway. They are often afraid of being reported to the authorities in Mexico City.

The only way to fight corruption is to report it. Hope you get it back.

Did you get the officers names? if they don't give you your drone back you should file a complaint with the mexican government at the following website: Quejas y denuncias

On that website there are also some phone numbers you may call in case they abuse their power in anyway. They are often afraid of being reported to the authorities in Mexico City.

Good idea. I will see what happens tomorrow and I will report it.

Not to mention what the US customs have done without even the slightest provocation---------
They are abusive too, they tried to confiscate my dog on one occasion! They refused to release my dog at customs without reason, it toke me 2 hours of back and forth to finally get someone to tell the agent to just stop and release the dog (literally that where his words!) And all because I'm not 6', with green eyes and blonde hair!

Make sure you are back on U.S soil before reporting anything. Nothing like a night or two in a Mexican jail. Some times being in the right means nothing if it's better to walk away to further escalate something. Sure you are right. No doubt. But trying to fix the wrong done to you in the wrong place can be more harmful. Heed the advice. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's nothing compared to them just throwing people in jail for almost a ransom, there was this one guy at a all inclusive resort, and just standing by the door and the Mex police just grabbed him put him in handcuffs and took him to a barn that had jail cells in it, and there were feces on the floor and another american lady in there..the family did not know what the charges were or where they took him till way later, then they stated they needed $180 to get him out Cash, well the girl, stated to the guy in the jail cells, that she was at abr having a few drinks, and then woke up there...probably drugged her they figured out, he told her that he would get her out to when his family comes, if they do, well they did paid there $180 for him and $180 for her and had to pay cash.. and they did get her out also...made them sign all kinds of blank forms to get out and promising not to tell the Embassy..http://sunthisweek.com/2016/04/08/spring-break-nightmare-in-mexico/

Last edited:
You can still call the American Embassy in Playa and still report it..I would do so now..i had to do that with rip Off's that ripped me off of $8000 claiming they owned a hotel and the Dad died, we lost our time share there..when Dad died it screwed the whole thing up, they ended up in Mexican court and had to pay a big fine..I had to push and push to get it though though, all the while telling me that the court systems are not like ours, which I believe lol, but i still got away with screwing them over..This is why we need Trump as Prez...not kidding, same thing in china now, I did business there long ago and then when we had all of that new trade, they would screw you over there and take the new guy with more money and just dump your contract with them...

Reactions: flpholt
If you didn't get any paper or receipt from border officers then you may forget about your drone. The only reason they didn't give you anything is because they don't want to return the drone to you. If they would give you a paper then you would have something, but now you have just words against their words.
I know this sht because I live in Russia and it's like Mexico, same corruption :) The only difference is that here the law doesn't work and everyone can fly everywhere without any registrations (instead of restricted places like airports, government buildings, etc..). When police seize your drone you must ask for some paper from them. Otherwise say goodbye. :-(

Reactions: mmee1992
UPDATE! Went back to the airport early this morning and the guy wasn't there. So I talked to one of his employees and they called him and he told them to just give it to me. It was locked in a cabinet in his office. So I got it back and didn't have to pay anybody out. I guess the guy was telling the truth.

UPDATE! Went back to the airport early this morning and the guy wasn't there. So I talked to one of his employees and they called him and he told them to just give it to me. It was locked in a cabinet in his office. So I got it back and didn't have to pay anybody out. I guess the guy was telling the truth.
That's awesome! Glad you got it back. I don't know if I would risk it again. lol

Wow good to hear! Would never have expected that.

Honestly, I would give the guy a $20 just for being nice. You never know when you going to run into them again and you need connections. A $20 is nothing for you, for them is a week of groceries.
Very nice from them, I am surprised.

Yep...
And there is a wall around the WH, just try and touch it.

Reactions: mmee1992
Nice, you are extremely lucky.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would never go back to that crime ridden stink pool...
Corruption and disease. Hell you can't even drink the water in most places. Some kind of holiday?... Hahaha... Not my kind.

No thanks, I'd rather see the local scenery in Alberta... ;-)
Congrats on getting the drone back. I had a strong suspicion that it would be returned to you.
Please get some awesome footage of those goons, who rattled you... Ha

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4