Power to video on P3p

According to your flight log, the last location was -36.19804485, 139.656233. Your Phantom was flying at about 20 MPH at that time, so it's likely somewhere between that point and the water. I'm thinking you'd be close enough to see it with your eyes (assuming the bushes aren't hiding it) if you go directly to those coordinates.
According to your flight log, the last location was -36.19804485, 139.656233. Your Phantom was flying at about 20 MPH at that time, so it's likely somewhere between that point and the water. I'm thinking you'd be close enough to see it with your eyes (assuming the bushes aren't hiding it) if you go directly to those coordinates.

Thank you msinger. What confuses me is how these numbers relate to my hand held GPS. I have searched for an explanation, found a converter that tells me my GPS should read S 36.11.88.2691 E 139.39.22. Can you confirm this for me?
Thank you.

This is what I got when using this converter:

S 36° 11' 52.961"
E 139° 39' 22.438"

Looking back at my notes that I took during my last search....I see that I had my 4x4 parked on the edge of the dense part of the bush at S36.11.528 E139.39.17.6. My conclusion to that is that I was very close but could not see P3p due to the undergrowth/tree canopy. Next search will need, I think, another drone to look from above. What think you?

That might be helpful if your Phantom is stuck in a tree and you cannot see the tops of the trees/growth from the ground.

I can see it on the map! :)
Dang, so the map shows a lake to NE?

Is the vote that the wind was carrying it to the NE at 20 MPH?

Did you by chance save the screen that was on the tablet?

If you can post a couple of signs in the area, maybe somebody already found it.

I think it is odd, that while it was auto landing a few times the elevation increases, strong updrafts!

GPS stuff, yeah you would think it be little simple.
What Exactly Is GPS NMEA Data?

Rod

Reactions: JoBe
I can see it on the map! :)
Dang, so the map shows a lake to NE?

Is the vote that the wind was carrying it to the NE at 20 MPH?

Did you by chance save the screen that was on the tablet?

If you can post a couple of signs in the area, maybe somebody already found it.

I think it is odd, that while it was auto landing a few times the elevation increases, strong updrafts!

GPS stuff, yeah you would think it be little simple.
What Exactly Is GPS NMEA Data?

Rod

Fortunately the lake is a dry lake, at the moment, I have the complete video of the flight on the tablet still. Awaiting the return of my upgraded computer as that has my video editor on it so I can copy the video over, edit the last few seconds of the flight, and post it for expert comment.

Reactions: RodPad
How far or how long does it take to get to the Phantom search from your house?

Rod

How far or how long does it take to get to the Phantom search from your house?

Rod
Sadly he said that the "lost site" is 450km round trip. No bueno.

Reactions: JoBe and RodPad
Crap, I missed that KM stuff, I just saw the 5 hour search. I guess a 5 hour search and a drive comes out to a 10 hr day. :rolleyes: :eek:

Rod

An easy trip once out of Adelaide, no traffic lights and only one roundabout. Got a hectic home life at the moment and as P3p, known in the family as “Kitty”, is in an isolated bush area out of my search efforts I doubt if anybody else will “come across” her. When first lost fifteen people did a search on foot, the next day nine on foot and one aerial in an Auster so she must be really buried. Pity she did not have some sort of a homing beacon with back up battery. :-( Thanks to all for your continued interest. I will continue to post until recovered. Next big effort at the end of the month.

I lost my first one, no tracker and int to no cell service, never again, I would have found it with this: RC Model Tracking and Recovery - Tracking and Recovery Made Easy | Marco Polo the Tracking and Recovery System
If Marco is not ready we don't fly...

5 people, 40+ man hours, not reach able Oct-June (Snow). First search spot 50 mins one way, second search spot, add another 15 mins, last year we couldn't look.

Once the Snow cleared we had two fires that closed the area down. Not sure if they will let people in this year, due to road and trail dangers.

Just looked into the status...
Wahtum Lake via Pacific Crest Trail Hike - Hiking in Portland, Oregon and Washington
Wahtum Lake area is where I lost it.

Last years second fire.
Eagle Creek Fire - Wikipedia

Maybe I can look this year.

Good Luck to you also...

Rod

An easy trip once out of Adelaide, no traffic lights and only one roundabout. Got a hectic home life at the moment and as P3p, known in the family as “Kitty”, is in an isolated bush area out of my search efforts I doubt if anybody else will “come across” her. When first lost fifteen people did a search on foot, the next day nine on foot and one aerial in an Auster so she must be really buried. Pity she did not have some sort of a homing beacon with back up battery. :-( Thanks to all for your continued interest. I will continue to post until recovered. Next big effort at the end of the month.
to bad you didnt post the log info before you went on your first 10 hour search. did you make it at the end of the month?

Sadly still not recovered my P3p. Purchased a secondhand P3s. Took dozens of photos of the area of bush it landed in with the P3p. Spent many hour searching photos and many hours on the ground beating through the bush, did three seperate ground trips into bush over two days. No sign of it. So I now fly a P3s. Not sure if I will replace P3p as although I am in good health I am over 80 and have many other hobbies.A question to close this saga. Can I use my P3p controller on my P3s.? If so how do I configure it to match P3s.? Thank you all for your help and interest in this matter.

That Sucks Guy, thanks for updating us, P3P remote won't work with P3S.

Rod

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik