*** Posting About Your 107 Results? POST IT HERE!

Did you find the test easy or hard?

• It was easy for me!

• It had some challenges but I got through it OK.

• I found it difficult.

• I haven't tested yet but plan to.

• I'm don't plan to take the test.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I looked on the IACRA website, and saw that my certification number is now posted, and dated 3/9/2017. Still curious how long it will take to get the license. At least the certification number is posted, and I can use that if needed. More official looking when talking to someone who doesn't know anything about the process than the temp certificate with the number marked "pending".

If the number posted, then the perm card is in the mail to you. Congrats. I still have about 3 more weeks before they get to mine.

I looked on the IACRA website, and saw that my certification number is now posted, and dated 3/9/2017. Still curious how long it will take to get the license. At least the certification number is posted, and I can use that if needed. More official looking when talking to someone who doesn't know anything about the process than the temp certificate with the number marked "pending".
I passed on 3/7/17 too. I just received my card in the mail yesterday in Southern California. FYI.

I passed today with an 82. There were some kind of obscure Sectional questions (something about navigation corridors) I missed, and there was a lot less METAR and TAF than I expected. I think the online study guides and practice tests I used need more specific details about sectionals and definitions of terms in general (the ones I used seemed to either focus a ton on METARs, or were created by manned aircraft teachers, not drone-specific enough), but I also suspect that the FAA will keep changing the test to be more drone specific.

Passed mine last Friday, May 5th, with a 93%. One question about CRM was missed along with 3 others. Signed up with Remotepilot101.com and really happy with the course and the results.

Just passed my Part 107 test. Scored a 92 on what was an easy test. Thanks Remotepilot101.com

April 25 - Took and passed the FAA Part 107 exam.
April 30 - I logged in to the IACRA website and it allowed me to print my temporary certificate.
May 4 - IACRA emailed me to let me know that my "temporary certificate" was ready; which I had printed five days earlier.
June 20 - I received my Remote Pilot license in the mail.

56 days total from passing the exam to receiving my license.

I passed with a score of 97. I thought the test was easier than expected. But I probably spent more time studying than most people posting here. I don't know how many hours I spent studying but it was a lot of hours over several months. I just chose to try to understand all of the information needed to pass the test, not just the minimum to pass the test. But if you want to pass the test and understand the material I have three suggestions:

Read and understand the study guide FAA-G-8082-22

Read and understand FAA Circular AC-107-2

After you feel you understand the two documents above, go to www.3dr.com and access the 126 practice test questions, These practice test questions gave very good representstion of the types of questions I saw on the actual test.

Understanding the two documents above and and unerstanding the 126 sample questions at 3dr.com I was able to answer all 60 questions in about an hour. I then spent about 30 minutes going back over all 60 questions - and actually changed one of my responses.

My best advice is to understand the informatin in those two documents and to READ EACH QUESTON CAREFULLY - DON'T RUSH YOU WILL HAVE PLENTY OF TIME.

Also, focus your study on understanding Airspace, reading sectional charts, understanding METARS, and the Safety Attitudes (Maco, Invulnerable, etc.).

Reactions: livefreeanddrone
The test snuck up on me... I got up at 1:00 am the morning of my test (yesterday) and watched all of the remotepilot101.com videos and finished around 7:00 am. Took the test at 9:00 and completed it in less than an hour and missed two questions. Half of the questions dealt with sectional charts and the other half general knowledge.

Good for you. Glad you were able to pass with an abbreviated studying. I got a 97% to but I did a lot more studying than you did - probably too much. The test was easier than I thought it would be. But I would not suggest that it was so easy that people like me with no prior knowledge could pass by pulling an all-nighter like you did. Glad it worked for you though!

The test snuck up on me... I got up at 1:00 am the morning of my test (yesterday) and watched all of the remotepilot101.com videos and finished around 7:00 am. Took the test at 9:00 and completed it in less than an hour and missed two questions. Half of the questions dealt with sectional charts and the other half general knowledge.

It certainly can be done fast if you know the material. For unrelated reasons I was in a bit of a hurry when I took mine. 22 minutes. Not recommended as a deliberate strategy though.

Tested today at Mid Island Air Service on Long Island, NY. Top notch operation that took me in for the test same day. Scored 95. Prepped leisurely with YouTube videos, the ASA book and the five ASA practice tests. Knowing the material really helped. One question I don't remember seeing similar on practice tests was a TFR announcing demolition in a defined area and time and a NFZ from the surface to 2000' AGL. The question asked about whether or when you could fly or some such. You needed to be able to read and make sense of the notice much the same way as with Metars and Tafs. Other questions were similar to those on practice tests but with key facts different so you had to think and recalculate. Missed a question on the effects of loading aft of the center of gravity, and another on weather, not my strong point. Other than that I saw a typical mix of questions and use of figures required. The testing supplement was available in hard copy (book form,) although the figures were also shown on the computer screen. A basic calculator was provided although I didn't need to use it for this particular test. I finished in about 45 minutes. Hope to do it again in two years!

Tested yesterday and passed with an 85%. I have a background in meteorology, so I think that helped, as METARs and TAFs are easy for me. I spent a total of around 6-8 hours over the last two weeks studying; primarily reading the FAA study guide and doing the 120+ 3DR practice test questions a couple of times. Overall, the test wasn't that bad...I think I walked out of the testing room around 45 minutes after starting.

So...I'll go to the IACRA website and fill out that form as soon as my exam ID gets uploaded (hopefully in the next day or two) and then, from what I gather in this thread, I can expect my card won't arrive in the mail until late September or early October?

Reactions: skeptic49
Tested yesterday and passed with an 85%. I have a background in meteorology, so I think that helped, as METARs and TAFs are easy for me. I spent a total of around 6-8 hours over the last two weeks studying; primarily reading the FAA study guide and doing the 120+ 3DR practice test questions a couple of times. Overall, the test wasn't that bad...I think I walked out of the testing room around 45 minutes after starting.

So...I'll go to the IACRA website and fill out that form as soon as my exam ID gets uploaded (hopefully in the next day or two) and then, from what I gather in this thread, I can expect my card won't arrive in the mail until late September or early October?

Congratulations on passing. I tested last Tuesday, submitted the IACRA application Thursday, and printed out my temporary certificate this morning. I have read that it takes a couple of months to get the permanent card.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4