possible solution to downgrade the firmware...

hi,

i'am a beta tester to a one app for fotogrammetry, and i have a possible solution to downgrade the rc and the drone.
for third party app actually is only possible to install in the drone and rc a developer firmware. then you might install on the drone and rc the developer version of the firmware and then later return to the version you want , I prefer the 1.1.9 instead of 1.2.6 .

if we want , i write the guide .
Please please please

I would really enjoy going back to 1.1.8....anyone brave enough to be the first to try this procedure?

:)This may be a million dollar fix-- to get DJI off the hook:D and the the Phantoms back in the air. You never know until you try:cool: Im still on 1.1.9 and not changing until some positive posts are quoted

Phantom 3 guide to downgrade

1) Downgrade the transmitter
In order to get the new firmware to install on the transmitter, you will have to downgrade the transmitter with this tool " https://www.dropbox.com/s/wapuxv3b5e94pny/gs_ofdm.bin?dl=1 ". Please follow the same instructions for updating, except using the gs_ofdm.bin file in the root directory of the USB drive instead of the firmware bin file.
This process will take up to 60 seconds to start, and about 2 minutes to complete. Power off the RC, remove the USB key, and follow the standard firmware update procedure from here.

2) Update the transmitter and Drone
You can find the SDK supported firmware here " https://www.dropbox.com/s/375t56kblxmiqw0/P3X_FW_V01.01.1003.bin?dl=1 ". This will install Phantom 3 firmware v01.01.1003.

Please follow the same set of instructions as detailed on the normal firmware install page: http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/How_to_Update_Firmware_en.pdf

3) now install the firmware if you want

These instructions only mention downgrading (and upgrading) the transmitter, nothing about downgrading the P3 itself.

Didn't work for me

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:15 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.1003.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

You cannot install the dev firmware if you've done any updating of the firmware on the Phantom. This why there was a need to downgrade. Number 2 only contains information on _updating_.

This is probably what jacky just encountered.
So back to the unanswered question. Do we have a firmware programmer in the house?:) Or Maybe a DJI engineer who could post a reset?

I'm sure another update will be coming soon as dji are well aware of the VPS and gimbal problems which are all over the 3 main forums and Facebook pages. I'm still on 1.9 and iOS 1.1.1 cos laggy video came about on 1.1.2. Not sure when I will be updating anything at this stage. I agree tho 1.8 seemed to be the most stable firmware so far.

Read Post #259 from the link below...use at your OWN risk...it will allow you to downgrade the Phantom 3 to Firmware 1.1.8 or 1.1.9. I also read it works with Professional and Advanced....on the other hand I also heard 1.1.8 is for Advanced and 1.1.9 is for Professional. Again, use the links and information I have posted here at your own risk, but I hope it helps a lot of people. I know this whole firmware thing has been a true nightmare!

http://forum.dji.com/thread-23241-7...ZeU55MWpObUUyTFdFNU1XVXRZbVZpWVdFNVltRmxOVEZp

Last edited:
These instructions only mention downgrading (and upgrading) the transmitter, nothing about downgrading the P3 itself.

I downgrade succesfull but I dont know what firmware to use to update it again? Someone?

Hi guys,

I downgrade my RC succefully, but now I cant upgrade the firmware, can someone explain me how to do it or what firmware should I use? Please!!!!

Install 1.3.2 on your Phantom, remote controller, and batteries. And, then install 1.4 on your Phantom only.

Is it possible to downgrade from 1.4 to 1.2.6. I'm having video feed issues from when I upgraded and need to be able to carry on working for now until the issue is sorted out. When I upgraded to 1.4 I went from 1.2.6 and not 1.3.2.... could this be an issue?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31