Possible leak for price of DJI Goggles

Reaction score
On google mobile (on my iPhone), I just now googled "Dji mavic". At the top, is an image of Dji goggles for $699.99 sold at atlantahobby.com I took a screenshot of the google page. Trying to figure out how to post it here.

When I clicked on it, it took me to atlantahobby.com but that page has already been pulled. I hope it was a mistake. $700!!! That's as much as the drone cost.

IMG_2452.PNG

Considering that these are proprietary goggles with two 1080p screens, direct OcuSync interface to the drone and built-in control mechanisms, the price is in line with what I thought it would be. I actually predicted $750 price point. DJI could wait for technologies like Google DayDream to get to the market and then produce software only VR solution, but then we would have to wait another year at best. If you want VR goggles to control your Mavic now, this is the price you would need to pay.

For enthusiasts and early adopters it's not going to be a showstopper.

Here is a google's cache screenshot.
It's from 5th of October 2016

Attachments

• dji-goggles.jpg
    dji-goggles.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,633
If that is the price, I will be going with the Epson Moverio BT-300's when they come out. Being able to see the drone and the video feed at the same time would be much better IMO.

Reactions: mikej and Strat
Stupidly expensive, which is why they're not revealing the price until they have all the pre-orders.

If that is the price, I will be going with the Epson Moverio BT-300's when they come out. Being able to see the drone and the video feed at the same time would be much better IMO.

Nice, I think these might even pass as VLOS acceptable.

Reactions: woobisah
I don't think the Mavic has a HDMI port and I'm not sure whether the BT-300's support Octusync!

You'd connect the BT300 via USB and run the DJI go app on them instead of a phone.

Yep, have these on my must buy list already.. have not pre-ordered them yet may actually go for them over the DJI even if DJI's are around $400-500 just for the size and not limited to DJI.

You'd connect the BT300 via USB and run the DJI go app on them instead of a phone.
OK - I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know.

The playstation VR is half that price and a lot more advanced. I think the goggles will cost around £300.

That would be amazing if they did......not thinking that is possible...

The more I look at the BT300, the more I can't see how they would not be acceptable. I guess it would depend on how well you could see through the lens area to get your eyes on the craft. If I wasn't saving for the Mavic, I would be seriously looking at these.

The more I look at the BT300, the more I can't see how they would not be acceptable. I guess it would depend on how well you could see through the lens area to get your eyes on the craft. If I wasn't saving for the Mavic, I would be seriously looking at these.
I had the BT-200's and you can see the video and LOS perfectly. They even came with additional shades that attach to the glasses.

Reactions: RJ_Make
And tap to focus with your eyeball.

The Moverios have a touchpad/mouse interface. Just mount the controller in place of a phone and operate from there. A bit more clunky of course, but works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31