POS Camera and Drone

Reaction score
My camera won't record. It hesitates when I push record, then when it does record, it will just stop after a random amount of time. It's like the app is freezing and I can't communicate between the drone and controller. I changed a bunch of settings in manual mode but then changed it back to "reset factory setting" and that's when the problems started. It did fine before I mage those changes. I performed fine during the manual adjusments. But it has been crap since I rest the settings. I don't think it's my phone (the app) because I use two android phones and it acts exactly the same on both. And everything worked fine before. I have the most current firmware updates for both the aircraft and controller. Does anyone have any ideas? C4 maybe?

Uninstall and reinstall. If that is not it, then you need a higher spec device.

Reactions: BigAl07
It is funny you say that. I have that phone and it is useless with GO or Litchi. It just does not want to work. I contacted Litchi and was told the M9 would not work due to the phones firmware. It works with GO sometimes, others it will not even connect.
I ended up getting a iPad mini 4 and it has worked flawlessly. I also use a Nvidi Shield K1. It works flawlessly also, every time.
You could always try another high quality cable, or resetting your phone.

If it records momentarily and stops check your sd card specs.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Does it stop recording right at 15 seconds each time and are both record and the photo delayed when you press the button?

Pretty much. And when it dealys, it spins around the record button ;like it's working. Takes ahile hen it's ready for the next photo. When I switch it to video and hit record, it takes awhile then atarts to record. WTF yo? POS? Time to fly it into the side of a building prefereably with a 50 mph tailwind?

Post photos after if you go for the record flight speed into a solid object.

Alternatively, if you feel included to ascertain what the issue is, absent the theatrics, try flying with another device and see if the subject issues still present. It might be the phone that needs smashing.

Hope you get it sorted. I found the issues I had with an android device so infuriating I went to apple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Falcon900
I had this issue and I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Also try another SD card.

It could also be caused by the other apps installed on the device, eating up resources. I'd try uninstalling non-UAV apps.

]Post photos after if you go for the record flight speed into a solid object.

Alternatively, if you feel included to ascertain what the issue is, abscent of the theatrics, try flying with another device and see if the subject issues still present. It might be your phone that needs smashing.

Hope you get it sorted. I found the issues I had with an android device so infuriating I went to apple.

I won't ever go back to Apple. I just don't understand how not changing anything at all besides the DJI Go app being different, creates this problem. I did try another device. My HTC One M7. Same exact problems.

Maybe I'll tape both phones to the drone and take it up the road to Commerce and let FPS Russia blow it up.

Yeah, I reinstalled the app. Great idea. Now I have to figure out why my aircraft won't connect to DJI Go and why the app won't let me change the maximum altitude from zero to anything. Awesome.

why the app won't let me change the maximum altitude from zero to anything
That setting cannot be changed while your aircraft is disconnected from DJI GO.

I guess I need a new device. It's still doing it. I recorded 10 videos with difficulty. They kept stopping the recording on thier own. Of all those 10 videos, four downloaded. I tried to record video pretty much for about 15 minutes. All it recorded was a 4-second clip, a 14-second clip, a 16-second clip and something else short.

I don't want to spend a lot on a device but I need a tablet. I seriously prefer Android but am open-mined. I want a small tablet.

I don't want to spend a lot on a device but I need a tablet. I seriously prefer Android but am open-mined. I want a small tablet.

iPad Mini 4 or iPad Air. I use an iPad Pro, and it's fantastic, but it's big and a little cumbersome. It also requires an extender clip. The clip works well, but it's just one more separate piece to lose. I see refurb iPad Mini 4 with cellular/GPS going for $430 from the Apple store.

It looks like it was the SD card. I don't understand. I tried to reformat it. Oh well. I knew it wasn't my device. That made no sense. I hope you guys who recomended it was my device are better at diagnosing stuff than just saying, get a new device. That made no logical sense. While people will always have prefrences, an HTC One is more than a capable device to run DJI Go to its maximium potential. That said, I still want to get a tablet when the budget allows. Thanks for the attempts to help. Time to go film.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31