Poor Casey Neistat Lost his Mavic Pro

I can't believe I watched this whole stupid video! Now I feel stupid . . .
Feel the same way after reading this thread .
You guy's know where to find it right :)

Reactions: apprentice
He's golden to DJI. They'll give him whatever he wants. He crashes a drone, shows that he goes to the store to buy another one, and then 3 more show up at his office.

I think he knows exactly what he's doing. He just doesn't take the time to be careful. I just started a weekly vlog, and it's hard enough keeping up with that. Doing a daily one would be insane. And since he knows he can just get another drone, he flies close to stuff on purpose to get a better shot. Me, I stay far away, but yet, mine still dropped from the sky.

I can't believe a lot of you stuffy pilots calling Casey stupid when he is obviously brilliant - funny, sincere, informative.
He has a winning formula - which he explains in an earlier going viral episode. But don't believe me:

Reactions: Reed L
I'm sure he is talented and knows how to play the system. This only works because many these days will follow anything. I don't follow him...just watch some of the videos posted on this site. He better hope this keeps working because he will never make it as a male model. He is just annoying enough that people will watch so they can complain. I don't follow what I feel is stupidity. Never have. He sure does have us all talking about it though. He doesn't care if you like him. Just the fact that you watch and boost his videos is all he wants. I don't think he is stupid but I wouldn't rule out *******.

Interesting discussion, so many points of view. I enjoy Casey's videos, I watch them often. I hope he finds his Mavic or at a minimum explains what went wrong. It's why I belong on this forum, preventing an ill fate to my equipment through the experience of others.

Casey does what I wish I could do, enjoy a freedom with his quads that I cannot or will not permit myself to do. I'm a stick in the mud. I haven't flown after dark, flown above 400 feet nor flown blos in over a year or more.

Does Casey hurt the hobby? Yes, one segment of the many faceted hobby. He also represents a segment of the hobby. GoPro, DJI, Canon, Boosted Board, etc all know that and send him prototypes and samples all the time.

And by the way, Casey calibrates his compass(es). He's talked about and the firmware sometimes requires it.

I think that it's outrageous that LeBron James gets paid $31 million per year while I have to get by on a fraction of that.
LOL there is big difference on what I said. I'm stating facts here. If you're a nobody and just a regular customer for DJI they will not take care of you and you will suffer but if you're well known just like casey then they will take care of you fast. You're lucky, you don't have any defective equipment.

Casey loses another drone

LOL there is big difference on what I said. I'm stating facts here. If you're a nobody and just a regular customer for DJI they will not take care of you and you will suffer but if you're well known just like casey then they will take care of you fast. You're lucky, you don't have any defective equipment.
No, Casey has skills and talent that you and I don't have. He gets more rhythm from DJI than you or I do, just like LeBron doesn't pay for Nike shoes while you and I have to.

Talent and abilities will always set some people apart from the common man. You may debate Casey's talent and abilities, but the fact remains that he had the talent/ability/whatever to have earned something you don't and I don't have...a well-paying internet blogging gig. I don't begrudge him his success and the attendant privileges that gets him treated differently than you and me. He earned them

XH4woMb.gif

I'm sure DJI overnighted him a new one ASAP.
I don't know why they would. I've watched this guy fly the Phantom series, and he is not doing DJI any favors.
Maybe they should call his reviews, "How Not To Fly A UAV"
DJI should leave this guy alone. He is raising questions about the drones capabilities, when it is the pilot that is at fault.

No, Casey has skills and talent that you and I don't have. He gets more rhythm from DJI than you or I do, just like LeBron doesn't pay for Nike shoes while you and I have to.

Talent and abilities will always set some people apart from the common man. You may debate Casey's talent and abilities, but the fact remains that he had the talent/ability/whatever to have earned something you don't and I don't have...a well-paying internet blogging gig. I don't begrudge him his success and the attendant privileges that gets him treated differently than you and me. He earned them
This guy was rich already. I have watched many of this guys videos, and noticed that his product reviews are a by product to his traveling. Besides, his piloting skills are giving DJI's products a bad showing.

Reactions: MacCool
This guy was rich already. I have watched many of this guys videos, and noticed that his product reviews are a by product to his traveling. Besides, his piloting skills are giving DJI's products a bad showing.
In your opinion. DJI's marketing department, which seems to be a rather savvy group, has a different opinion, apparently.

I watch all of Casey's videos. He is a very talented guy when it comes to editing and shooting. Also a nice dude. His drone shots are beautiful. That said with the laws we have i.e. 107, he breaks every part of the rules on a regular basis. He flys recklessly and dangerously over the streets of New York City daily, some of his shots here in L.A. flying down the center divider of the 405 freeway amongst other places with no notice to anyone, over crowds, can't begin to count the violations!
I love the guy but the FAA would definitely call him a commercial operation and when they finally see him he should get the biggest fine EVER., and DJI should be fined for their part also knowing how he flies.
He is the exact type of guy that is causing the government to make all the rules that we have to operate under, so after spending 4 hours on the phone in order to fly in the park and sell my shots I don't feel bad for him that he lost his free pre release drone.
I hope the guy the best and kind hope he never gets caught but if he does he has nobody to blame but himself.

While we can debate his operating skills, for better or worse he gives manufacturers lots of minimally expensive advertising.

He shows repeatedly anyone can operate a quad and have fun and create reasonably good photographic results.

I often wonder if on his frequent helicopter rides he doesn't get a rules lecture. Or if the company/pilot accept his "free advertising" without chastising him.

In your opinion. DJI's marketing department, which seems to be a rather savvy group, has a different opinion, apparently.
I think DJI realizes that he gets tons of YouTube hits, therefore marketing hits. He has a solid following, hell, I watch all his stuff. But, I ask you: how does it benefit DJI to have this guy documenting a perceived flyaway, when in all considered, it was pilot error? Now I see comments wondering at the performance of the UAV, or flaws in the build. The flaws are in the pilots lack of knowledge of the UAV or even the rules that must be followed.
It is just my opinion, and not worth nearly what his is. Besides, I've yet to see any connection between DJI and this VLOGGER....other than he keeps crashing their drones. Crashing drones that are pretty much uncrashable. I fly my Phantoms daily and have never crashed one.

It's entertainment folks. If you are not entertained, don't watch.
A significant number of people on this forum may also be bringing UAVs into question - distance and altitude leaderboards and antenna mods.
Just saying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl