Poor Casey Neistat Lost his Mavic Pro

Check it out..
probably a publicity stunt, could be that he purposely land it over there? I have lost signal like several times on P3S and it's like no problem, it will just return back....another case was on P3A, whereby, the connection with the camera suddenly went 'dark' after pressing the button stop, however with the parameters and GUI still showing the current height and distance, I was still able to fly it back...Being the highest end drone in the market at this moment, I doubt that Mavic will just stop flying after losing the signal...if that is the case, it's gonna be a very serious defect issue similar to the 'samsung galaxy note 7' case. However, as some other had mentioned, he could be care-less about calibrating the drone etc. given that he made an honest mistake in by mentioning on the very first review video, the photo/video quality of Mavic was bad without further exploring the camera functions. That has already misled some potential buyers of Mavic. oh well just my two cents. I am gonna get a Mavic for sure though.

I'm sure he is talented and knows how to play the system. This only works because many these days will follow anything. I don't follow him...just watch some of the videos posted on this site. He better hope this keeps working because he will never make it as a male model. He is just annoying enough that people will watch so they can complain. I don't follow what I feel is stupidity. Never have. He sure does have us all talking about it though. He doesn't care if you like him. Just the fact that you watch and boost his videos is all he wants. I don't think he is stupid but I wouldn't rule out *******.

I'm sure 5 million people have all made a mistake. I'm sure the fact that the likes of Nike, Samsung, Cadillac, etc. have all made mistakes when they've hired him to make online videos for them.

For a _long_ time he did not monetize his videos. So he spend years just using it as a platform to get his skills showcased.

XH4woMb.gif

Come on... .post the whole video so the haters can see him lose another drone. They need something more to criticize.

Check it out..
These bloggers think they can hold retailers at random. Have you watched this guy how unprofessional, quick and rough he his. He would have ripped it out of his pocket thrown it in the floor a pro would probably been already damaged, no compass calibration nothing! Then flys it looses it and then states he doesn't even know what happened. A good pilot always knows what happened. Then calls and cries to Dji.

Reactions: Norweigan
Come on... .post the whole video so the haters can see him lose another drone. They need something more to criticize.

This guys the most wreck-less person going around. DJI shouldn't give him drones because he doesn't appreciate anytging.

Reactions: Norweigan
We all know he is a dickhead. Go pro paid him more for a crap review of the mavic.

How much did they pay him? I mean since you know.

Truth is, you don't have a clue (0%)... and there is _no_ indication that he was paid at all. GoPro simply allowed him to fly their Karma for a day with a rep from their company. It's good advertising for them and good content for his channel. If you don't like his channel, fine. But to make up crap that you have no clue about?

This guy is a mental midget. im betting he doesn't get another pre released DJI product to review.

Actually, I'll bet he does. Yes, he's cavalier with his drones (perhaps because he gets so many sent to him :), but he has more than 5 million subscribers. If even half of these people watch his review of a new DJI drone, then it's worth DJI's while to give him one to review.

Personally, I don't like to watch his videos, because I find him so damned hard to look at, but that's another story...

Reactions: kony
its probably as simple as
the little setting: 'land when disconnected from controller vs return to home when disconnected from controller'
Why do you guys jump to conclusion that MAVIC is flawed because the most irresponsible clumsy guy on planet crashed his 100th drone. This guy has the record for broken drones... how can you possibly say its the Mavic's fault? haha

We all know he is a dickhead. Go pro paid him more for a crap review of the mavic.
Except it was the Mavick, not a GoPro product, that Casey described as being his "favorite things in the whole world" and "That drone was my favorite thing. It was like my favorite film-making tool, video-making tool, youtube device camera that maybe I've ever had". So I think it's safe to say that GoPro is due a refund since Casey provided the exact opposite of a "crap review".

Unless you're talking about that one clip showing side-by-side the camera quality. In that case: why wasn't the GoPro used as the third camera rather than the junk bird?

Gmass thinks you're a Troll that lost his way home from CNN and found himself here....

Reactions: iker42
Except it was the Mavick, not a GoPro product, that Casey described as being his "favorite things in the whole world" and "That drone was my favorite thing. It was like my favorite film-making tool, video-making tool, youtube device camera that maybe I've ever had". So I think it's safe to say that GoPro is due a refund since Casey provided the exact opposite of a "crap review".

Unless you're talking about that one clip showing side-by-side the camera quality. In that case: why wasn't the GoPro used as the third camera rather than the junk bird?

Gmass thinks you're a Troll that lost his way home from CNN and found himself here....

Lol, excellent post! But the week prior he did have a GoPro rep bring him out a Karma, that he couldn't really fly a bunch, and then the rep took it home.... I believe that is what he was talking about.

Last edited:
I think he knows exactly what he's doing.
Gmass knows Casey knows exactly what he's doing.

Take a look at his channel's data on Socialblade.
caseyneistat YouTube Stats, Channel Statistics - Socialblade.com

Specifically look at the "Estimated Monthly Income". I've had at-length conversations with two people who run very profitable YT channels and they indicated the rough middle between Socialblade's estimated montly income is exactly what they make each month.

So figure the dude is banking over $250k/month. So..... who gives a flying hoot what he breaks? Gmass sure doesn't....

Reactions: David Kraft
it's OK he will have another drone to annoy all the haters october 18th as mentioned in this video at 2:20

I think you all guys should consider that out of the few dozens of testers who received a MAVIC, only him manage to have a flyaway

that definately says more about him than about the MAVIC

I personnally would not be surprised to learn that this is a publicity stunt as someone else suggested here.

All this is adding drama to his channel, yet increasing the number of views : exactly what he wants and needs.

Reactions: DannyBhoy
No, Casey has skills and talent that you and I don't have. He gets more rhythm from DJI than you or I do, just like LeBron doesn't pay for Nike shoes while you and I have to.

Talent and abilities will always set some people apart from the common man. You may debate Casey's talent and abilities, but the fact remains that he had the talent/ability/whatever to have earned something you don't and I don't have...a well-paying internet blogging gig. I don't begrudge him his success and the attendant privileges that gets him treated differently than you and me. He earned them

Dude, are you some kind of Casey fan or DJI spawn? I'm not comparing myself to casey. What I'm trying to point out is that they should treat us equally when it comes to customer service. For casey they will replace his mavic no questions asked for publicity but they don't take care of their own customer.

Dude, are you some kind of Casey fan or DJI spawn? I'm not comparing myself to casey. What I'm trying to point out is that they should treat us equally when it comes to customer service. For casey they will replace his mavic no questions asked for publicity but they don't take care of their own customer.
I couldn't care less about the guy. I've seen maybe 4 or 5 of his Youtube shows and he isn't really my cup of tea. But he's got something like 2 million subscribers, so yeah it's a heartbreaker but here in the real world, Casey is just more important to DJI than you or I are. I can see that it makes you mad...it sucks for you, I'm sorry....but it's just the way things work.

Isn't the accessible database issue only for if you register a UAS with an N-number? At that point it becomes part of the public aircraft registry.

No, the registry is for UAS (i.e, 'drone') *flyers*, not individual 'aircraft'. I.e., each person is supposed to register themselves, and then write their registration number on each drone that they own.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl