Poor Casey Neistat Lost his Mavic Pro

Well truthfully I'm not thrilled about all of it either (especially the public list part) and but the hammer could have come down a lot harder, and still might if there is good cause given for it...I'll leave that all for another thread though.
So.. you're only okay with it because "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further"? :p Don't mean to start an argument (I'm having one on the Inspire boards about similar issues), I'm just wondering what it will actually take to get people fed up enough with such clear and blatant overreach.

Reactions: DefaultIT
Casey said there was a little bit of light out so he took his drone out. Maybe he didn't have enough light out to work the avoidance sensors and did hit a sailboat.

Reactions: David Kraft
This guy is a mental midget. im betting he doesn't get another pre released DJI product to review.
IMG_1886.JPG

Reactions: ablythe
Devin's crew mentioned rigging an Inspire so that it was not safe to fly. They also lost control of a jet ski and got a Red camera wet. Reckless with nice equipment. Let's spread some of that hate around. We can't have these people taking changes with such nice equipment just to make good videos. Only when we _all_ have nice equipment can these people take risks with their own equipment!

THEY GOT A RED WET!?!? TO THE GALLOWS!

So.. you're only okay with it because "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further"? :p Don't mean to start an argument (I'm having one on the Inspire boards about similar issues), I'm just wondering what it will actually take to get people fed up enough with such clear and blatant overreach.
It would've taken the idiots who forced the governments hand on taking control, not to have done that.
Flying near airports, flying over house fires, flying over wildland fires.

It would've taken the idiots who forced the governments hand on taking control. Flying near airports, flying over house fires, flying over wildland fires.
Wow. Four whole instances out of the millions of quads in the US. It's a wonder how anyone leaves their houses anymore.

Incidents should be taken on a case by case basis. Full stop.

Isn't the accessible database issue only for if you register a UAS with an N-number? At that point it becomes part of the public aircraft registry.

I personally think Casey's kind of a jerk and doesn't reflect too well on the hobby as he doesn't seem very interested in rules or safety, but I won't "HA-ha!" him Nelson-style for losing the Mavic.

I personally think Casey's kind of a jerk and doesn't reflect too well on the hobby as he doesn't seem very interested in rules or safety, but I won't "HA-ha!" him Nelson-style for losing the Mavic.
The thing about Casey is he can afford to be reckless. He can easily buy more gadgets and pay whatever fine.

I hope you never drop them in a river and post it on Youtube. It appears you will get some haters because you are "an idiot".
It's when someone demonstrates a pattern of idiocy when most people pass such judgement. Casey has this pattern, along with ADD. Is it acting? Or just him?

No, he was at the pier and flying a straight shot out over the water at dusk and it just lost signal and went down in the water... Not a good sign...
In the video he goes searching for it and only after he calls dji does he pull up the map and find out that it was showing it in the water. He didn't know at first it was in the water, which means he didn't visually what happened.

The thing about Casey is he can afford to be reckless. He can easily buy more gadgets and pay whatever fine.

wwweell...this is a little myopic. His own stuff may be inconsequential to him (although it seems not be, from the begging) but what if he did crash on one of those sailboats? What if it ripped up a sail, broke a window, or bonked the bean of an unsuspecting toddler, sending him and his loui-bloo otterpop into the hudson? However unlikely, there are plenty more potential consequences to flying around manhattan than just lost gear. I good operator should be considering which of them are acceptable and eliminating the possibility of the rest.

In the video he goes searching for it and only after he calls dji does he pull up the map and find out that it was showing it in the water. He didn't know at first it was in the water, which means he didn't visually what happened.
Haha, 7 hours and 4 pages later... and my post is still stirring the pot :) lol

YOU KNOW WHAT IS FUNNY?

This guy who doesn't even take care of his drone will get a new mavic drone for free no question asked. While the people here, like me who is having problem with my 14 day old, 2-3 times used battery cant even get a brand new battery replacement, they instead gave me a used damaged with bent plastic which may have came from a crash. It may even came from casey's crashed drone, LOL. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid511840

Last edited:
Reactions: David Kraft
Casey is worth over $5M (if you believe this net worth website). I'm guessing he'll be OK. I do like his videos and recently subscribed to his YT channel.

I can't believe I watched this whole stupid video! Now I feel stupid . . .

YOU KNOW WHAT IS FUNNY?

This guy who doesn't even take care of his drone will get a new mavic drone for free no question asked. While the people here, like me who is having problem with my 14 day old, 2-3 times used battery cant even get a brand new battery replacement, they instead gave me a used damaged with bent plastic which may have came from a crash. It may even came from casey's crashed drone, LOL. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid511840

I think that it's outrageous that LeBron James gets paid $31 million per year while I have to get by on a fraction of that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav