Poll: what flight app would you recommend to a beginner?

Poll: what flight app would you recommend to a beginner?

• DJI GO

• Litchi (simular to DJI GO)

• AutoPilot (apple devices only)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
I created this poll so that beginners (and others too) find out what app is best. Explore some other apps too, the poll results are just recommendations to get you started. Don't be afraid! Everyone was a beginner and we were all nervous at first (and sometimes still are) [emoji6].

If there are any apps that are not on the list, let me know and I will gladly add them.

I like your other poll, but isn't a beginner going to have to lean and use DJI GO?

Rod

Reactions: Daz1965
I created this poll so that beginners (and others too) find out what app is best. Explore some other apps too, the poll results are just recommendations to get you started. Don't be afraid! Everyone was a beginner and we were all nervous at first (and sometimes still are
Litchi is great for some things that Go doesn't do but everyone should start with DJI Go to become familiar with the operation of their Phantom.
DJI Go is an excellent program and is all most flyers need for most of their flying.

Every DJI UAS operator should become intimately familiar with DJI Go from day one. Even though other aps can do many other things (and sometimes the same things but better) than DJI Go, there are certain times you must have DJI Go and be able to use it.

IMHO the DJI Go ap is the one every operator needs to fully understand and all the rest are just icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
Every DJI Go operator should become intimately familiar with DJI Go from day one. Even though other aps can do many other things (and sometimes the same things but better) than DJI Go, there are certain times you must have DJI Go and be able to use it.

IMHO the DJI Go ap is the one every operator needs to fully understand and all the rest are just icing on the cake.
I agree. But what I actually meant was for beginners after they get started with Go. I'v seen many threads where people are asking what apps to use, so I created this thread so they can come here to help them decide. Like I said in the first post, for others too.

Litchi is my Go-To ap that I use each and every day I fly. It's my most used 3rd party ap hands down.

Hi Guys,

If you have purchased and set up the basics of the drone and flown it on dji go. let’s say I download litchi, do I need to start the drone up in dji go then close it and open litchi to fly it or can I do the whole thing in litchi?

Hi Guys,

If you have purchased and set up the basics of the drone and flown it on dji go. let’s say I download litchi, do I need to start the drone up in dji go then close it and open litchi to fly it or can I do the whole thing in litchi?

Nope... you can start directly with litchi after powering on the aircraft.

Reactions: MalteseKev
Nope... you can start directly with litchi after powering on the aircraft.
Thanks macoman for the response. Been wondering about it for a while, there’s a lot on the forum about disabling the go app completely so there’s no conflict.. have you had any issues, I’m on IOS

Thanks macoman for the response. Been wondering about it for a while, there’s a lot on the forum about disabling the go app completely so there’s no conflict.. have you had any issues, I’m on IOS

I am on Android, not sure if there are any difference between platforms but I don’t need to disabled or delete the go app to use it litchi.

@MalteseKev,
Litchi and Dji-Go, I have only read of problems with Android, that you need to kill Dji-Go because it still loaded / running in the background, even after restart / reboot (Drop Kick).

IOS has had no problems that I have ever read, and what I'm using.

Rod

When I first got my phantom 3 Standard, I used DJI GO until I was comfortable flying with it. I then moved to Litchi because it offered features like panos and waypoints that GO doesn’t have for the P3S. I use Litchi now 99.9% of the time and will use it with my Spark I’m getting for Christmas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers