Police Helicopter Sent After My Phantom!!!!

Sounds like they were in the air already and decided to give you a scare because they can. They probably just noticed your quadcopter while in the air.

Highly doubt they're going to launch a heli just for thar

In England, the answer is to just walk away from the police as they are powerless, you haven't commited any crime and as such they can't do anything,

Ahh the land of the (not so ) free. :lol:
British cops investigating a report, any report, just let you walk away while they are trying to talk to you? Some cops...

As a quad flyer and retired US chief of police(32 yrs) I highly recommend against walking away from cops.Unfortunately, some cops don't react well to that move. I know, disciplined quite a few for misconduct, some I fired.

I now fully expect all the constitutional experts to lecture me about their rights, blah, blah. Spare me, I also teach criminal justice at a university. The smart citizen politely complies with the gendarmes, gives a lot of yes, sirs and then goes to police station and files a complaint. The dumb citizens get in a verbal confrontation with the cops, escalate it into disorderly conduct, and commit the cardinal sin (contempt of cop) and end up in the booking room. " You ain't got nothing on me!" Smart *** cop replies "I got handcuffs on you!":D

I ask you, which is the smarter response?
Be polite, it goes a long way towards getting along.
When I fly my UAV, I carry a folder in the front seat of my car with copies of the stuff I know the cop will ask me for. My driver's license (the first thing they do is run your name for wants & warrants), my vehicle registration and insurance (so they know it's not stolen), my FAA license and aircraft registration (to demonstrate I'm serious as to what I'm doing). It saves a lot of time.

just
2cents.gif

Attachments

• 2cents.gif
    2cents.gif
    551 bytes · Views: 237
Reactions: GoodnNuff
In Arizona and I believe everywhere else, frivolous use of 911 is a crime. The woman knows very well that she lied to the 911 operator (false info to police, another crime) and as a result of her action taxpayer money and officer time was wasted. I would contact the officers' supervisor (sergeant) and ask if the woman was charged with the above crimes. Listen to the supervisor squirm. It might make you feel better.

Why oh why are we replying to a thread that is 8 months old?!? :rolleyes:
Because ya see the Similar threads at the bottom of the page and I don't think some look at the date .
Have seen it a bunch Ian .

Not sure what difference does it make how old. We do have an option no skip it.

Let me guess. Austin Texas?
Those people and the cops are flaky.
They recently passed a city ordinance banning smoking in public.

I'm from Austin, not flaky and just got my new P2. I know ppl is made of crystal here so I'm trying to read everywhere regulations and stuff to prevent issues like these.

(this is my first post, a box is waiting for me at home and I'm so exited :)

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl