Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

I have the taco v3 and seems to work fine. My only issue is I had to lower my gains in the NAZA for the copter itself. Anyone else have to do that? When there lowered, its not stable with a little wind. When the gains are stock, the phantom bounces all over. Ideas?

I've decided to sacrifice a little video performance for flight performance. When I lower my NAZA gains it just gets unpleasant to fly, especially when there is any kind of wind, which there frequently is where I live. So for me, I am willing to live with "good enough" on the video and do a little post processing in order to have my P2V fly as well as I want it to.

I lowered the values in the Naza which finally got rid of the little stutter i had on the video. but did not experienced instability with 5 to 7 mile per hour wind.
pitch and roll to 95% yaw 120 and vertical 165.

How long till it ships

Anybody know how long it takes for one of these to ship? I ordered mine on Sunday with the expedited shipping, and I haven't heard from them other than the initial email confirming my order. I tried emailing them, but haven't heard back. I know it will take what it takes, I'm just curious how long it took for others to get word that it shipped.

harpo1 said:
MrDRC said:
This might not be the right place but I have one I am selling. $175 and I will pay shipping. I've only had it in the air twice and for very short periods of time. Bottom line with mine is my camera has been modded so much its way too heavy for the gimbal and I can not get proper balance even with counter weights.

Paypal only, willing to send photos. It also includes an extra shell. PM for details.

I can't PM yet. What version is it? What mods have made your camera too heavy?

Its the plug and play version with the IMU side mounted but I have hot glued it completely horizontal and vertical. Its perpendicular to the shell with 6 point calibration.

I had the ragecam lens mod with lens filter attachment which puts it WAY front heavy. Unable to balance without significant counter weight that ruins flight time.

MrDRC, if you still have the gimbal, I'll take it, tried to PM you but was unsuccessful, if you'd like leave me your contact info. Thanks, Chris

Raiphyzonni said:
i just bought my 3D taco gimbal and i did all stuff ive read here but the tilt control isnt working :
Can you post a couple of photos of your installation? When you say not working, do you mean not working at all or not working properly?

Raiphyzonni said:
i just bought my 3D taco gimbal and i did all stuff ive read here but the tilt control isnt working :

Make sure it is plugged in correctly and that it is snug. I had mine come off/loose a couple of time and lost tilt control. I put a dab of Goop on the plug to hold them in place. Never had an issue since.

sorry i mean the pich control doesnt work... when i launch the dji vision app... camera and then try to turn up or down the camera it doesnt work!!! the camera doesnt do nothing

I ordered my taco on Tuesday and got another e-mail stating my order had been shipped on Wednesday. The time between order confirmation and shipping confirmation e-mails was exactly 36 hours 3 mins.

I just received my taco RC gimbal. I am having some problems with it though...I am using it with the rage cams lens mod. Could this cause problems? The gimbal has power but it moves in random directions and does not function properly. Any ideas?

Andrew

nhvtmedic said:
I just received my taco RC gimbal. I am having some problems with it though...I am using it with the rage cams lens mod. Could this cause problems? The gimbal has power but it moves in random directions and does not function properly. Any ideas?

Andrew
Unless the Ragecam lens mod weighs a lot (I'm not familiar with its weight) you should be OK. Maybe rig up a counter weight if the mod is heavy. What profile do you have loaded?

Is there a complete step by step guide somewhere out there on how to install and tweak this thing for non-tech savvy people? I'm talking some kind of guide that literally holds your hand through the process of getting this thing to work for people like me! LOL Thank you!

GLOCKer said:
Is there a complete step by step guide somewhere out there on how to install and tweak this thing for non-tech savvy people? I'm talking some kind of guide that literally holds your hand through the process of getting this thing to work for people like me! LOL Thank you!

This thread is as close as you will come. Take a look at the first post, it does a decent job. What the Taco Gimbal site fails to mention is that you need to load a profile for it to use, which uses the Simple_BGC_GUI to tweak those settings. THEN you need to make the setting changes shown on the above referenced Taco website within the NAZA software in the Phantom Assistant program.

Then you can start tweaking the profile values in the Simple_BGC_GUI to get the quality you want. There are a few profiles noted in the first post of this thread. It is very important to balance the camera as best you can. I found that the DJI filter kit and filter I had on mine made that nearly impossible.

sorry i dont know a lot english and i dont know a lot of this hahaha... if someone just uploaded a tutorial video of this gimbal make my life easier... What i supose to do with the cable for the servo ?

Just received my Taco V3 today. Loaded the V3 profile, set gimbal numbers as suggested through Assistant, all mounted and wired. Then I read about the 6 point IMU calibration and watch the video. Does this mean I need to remove the IMU from the mount (two screws) and do the box trick for calibration? I don't see a way to calibrate with the camera/IMU mounted since there are no accurate axises with which to align.

This thread is a wealth of info and has made things very easy for me so far. Thanks!

Yes. You will need to remove the IMU from the mount and stick it to a box.
Make sure that you start the calibration with the way the IMU is sitting in the mount!

__
Sent from my mobile phone. Please excuse for the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

Many thanks Noel. I thought that was to be the case. That micro USB connector on the controller board is in a really hard spot for plugging a cable.

Noël said:
Yes. You will need to remove the IMU from the mount and stick it to a box.
Make sure that you start the calibration with the way the IMU is sitting in the mount!

__
Sent from my mobile phone. Please excuse for the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT