Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Re: New Plug-N-Play 3DPower Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

I got my gimbal yesterday and after reading some posts here, I am assuming that when I hook this thing up I will
no longer have tilt control from my app. If that is correct, who has the best 7th channel conversion kit?

lardaz95 said:
I got my gimbal yesterday and after reading some posts here, I am assuming that when I hook this thing up I will
no longer have tilt control from my app. If that is correct, who has the best 7th channel conversion kit?

It is not true, you can still control the pitch via your phone app.

pugnacious said:
Video on foggy day. Just managed to get above fog level
Still quite a lot of movement on my opinion-especially at faster speeds/movements.
Its def a lot better than how the vision 2 comes though.

https://vimeo.com/90634669
Currently SD (looks rubbush) , HD uploading

Are you using the original dampers or did you get different ones?

SlackerATX said:
pugnacious said:
https://vimeo.com/90634669
Currently SD (looks rubbush) , HD uploading

That is seriously one of my favorite vision videos I have seen.
Thats very kind. That was unedited but the whole purpose is to use the footage for part of one of my music vids. (That tune is one of mine)
You can see one of my completed phantom music vids here-
http://vimeo.com/85734729

www.alanstarck.com
http://www.alanstarck.com/alanstarckgallery/index.html

Venom93corba said:
Semaj , you flew your quad over a crowded baseball game with winds of 20-30mph? That's a horrible decision. I swear our hobby isn't going to last long with these type of flights.

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens, Rotorpixel gimbal (on order #384)

Was a horrible idea... I know... Hind site is too late here... Just got my gimbal and I have flew many times over and in the stadium... My head just got too big...

Was a stupid thing to do...

Hey man no biggie. I applaud you for at least recognizing that it was a bad decision. We're all excited brother :)

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens, Rotorpixel gimbal (on order #384)

On a more positive note, taco has a new mount for the vision camera. It's the V3 model. If you have purchased their gimbal already they are having a sale for the mount. $29.99 and it's yours.

anyone know what the likely advantage of this new mount would be? and if it will be a pain to change?

Based on what the picture looks like, it uses much less plastic. It kinda looks like a half mount, so weight would definitely be lower. Also, the IMU board looks like it mounts in a slotted holder directly on top of the camera. This will make it easier access and also hold the IMU level so you won't have issues with tilted horizon.

It's $29.99 for people who already purchased their gimbal, so I grabbed one.

I also ordered one.
For sure we need to recalibrate things to make it work with the old setup.

This is all great information...thank you all for your help, I would not have had this gimbal working correctly in such a short amount of time without this forum post...

Received my Taco-Supreme today:

The expedited shipping for $20 is a must, I got it in 3 days, the new version really is plug and play, it took my 5minutes (yes 5 minutes) to get it going. Although my version did not include the new shell design it showed some improvements from the original version.

A coupe of tweaks that have help make this gimbal a winner:

- Do a 6 axis calibration. If you go in to the software re program the button as follows:
1.1. One click = Calibrate accelerometer
1.2. Two clicks = Calibrate the gyro
(what this does is that you can do a 6 axis calibration without plugging the gimbal in to the computer, just set the right position and click that button once!)

- Reposition the iMU. From factory comes totally off and tilted, pull the top of the little card and insert a little bit of paper until you see it straight then drop some hot glue and you are set (Do advance calibration first, if you don't then the gimbal will never know what "Straight and level" means)

- On the NAZA assistant reduce the Automatic Roll gain to 0 (zero) if you don't the gimbal will react late to pitch inputs

The gimbal works really well but needs some PID tweaks,it is a bit jerky. I will try to get some better setting and post them here.

Hope this helps.

amrflyingdude said:
- Reposition the iMU. From factory comes totally off and tilted, pull the top of the little card and insert a little bit of paper until you see it straight then drop some hot glue and you are set (Do advance calibration first, if you don't then the gimbal will never know what "Straight and level" means)

I wonder why they wouldn't include the newest camera shell with the IMU on the top. You said the one you got is an improved version of the old one? I'd rather not have to use paper and hot glue to "fix" my brand new gimbal right after taking it out of the box! :lol:

YeeaaBoii said:
amrflyingdude said:

I wonder why they wouldn't include the newest camera shell with the IMU on the top. You said the one you got is an improved version of the old one? I'd rather not have to use paper and hot glue to "fix" my brand new gimbal right after taking it out of the box! :lol:

Agreed, but not many choices out there. This gimbal works really good, needs a couple of tweaks but that is fine with me, it is a hobby I do not mind the tweaks.

Not sure why they do not include the new shell, I was hoping for it but no.

I don't mind tweaking with stuff either but when it comes to using paper and hot glue to adjust/hold an important electrical component correctly, it just seems like there's too much room for error. Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist. I might just go ahead and order the new V3 shell to pair with the gimbal. My Taco Supreme is still in transit to me.

Oh and I'm not criticizing your input in any way! I read what I previously wrote above and I realized it could be taken the wrong way. I'll probably give your method a try when I get my gimbal. I'm just wanting this gimbal to be the best it can possibly be so I'm thinking: paper and hot glue or different design? Even if both options give the exact same results, I'd most likely spend the extra money just to have the better design that doesn't need to be messed with. But that's just me.

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and findings on this gimbal!

I'm hoping they are just still shipping the gimbal with the older holder to get rid of old stock. I'd love to upgrade my stock gimbal but need to be sure all the bugs are ironed out first.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20