Please share recent DJI service turnaround

Reaction score
I am about to send to DJI CA for gimbal arm repair and just wondering if anyone has recent turnaround time information.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I sent a Phantom to Camrise on a Tuesday last month and got it back to my house the following Monday. Having said that, I purchased the unit from them (Camrise the seller through Amazon) and it came with a hardware issue. But bottom line, I received excellent service. www.camrise.com

Not sure if you wanted specific turnaround time from your choice, just thought I would throw this out.

Reactions: HIWEEL
When I sent to them, I also asked that he test fly it for me - to make sure there were no other surprises. They did so and it was a comfort knowing it would perform as advertised. I only had to send in the craft and controller.

Online chat/help just indicated to me that current CA service turnaround is now 7-10 days, so will find out.

I sent my P3P out to them on Monday for warranty service for an ESC error and it and it arrived there today. I'll let you know when i get it back.

Reactions: HIWEEL
I decided to send to DJI CA after advice since even if I did my own repairs on the gimbal arm it may still have other damage. And many others say they received a new or refurbished aircraft. I will update, hopefully with good results. :)

I sent my P3P out to them on Monday for warranty service for an ESC error and it and it arrived there today. I'll let you know when i get it back.
So it was at the facility from 4/7 until 4/12 before they even acknowledged receipt. Another 3 business days until the estimate was completed. Now it is supposed to be another 3-5 days for the repair. So I'm looking at the better part of a month without my drone that i had less than 2 weeks before it failed under warranty.

I understand now is a bad time for turnaround because they just moved.

So it was at the facility from 4/7 until 4/12 before they even acknowledged receipt. Another 3 business days until the estimate was completed. Now it is supposed to be another 3-5 days for the repair. So I'm looking at the better part of a month without my drone that i had less than 2 weeks before it failed under warranty.

I understand now is a bad time for turnaround because they just moved.
Seems mine is right behind yours. UPS tracking had delivered 4/11, went on chat and they confirmed it was there on 4/14. Waiting for repair estimate this week. Yours is holding mine up. :)

I live in NC and it took UPS 8 days to deliver to DJI in CA. What would be the turnaround time for a barometer error and IMU calculation error?

So, Monday 4/17 notified it was being assessed, UPS tracking says they had is since 4/11, and today got the repair and invoice. So sent payment with PayPal and will see how long to repair and get back. Gimbal damage, several parts and motor damage from hard landing, and all total is $108, so not bad.

IMG_4882.jpg
Moving along- hopefully.

I sent mine in for repair ( had DJI Care) and got it back in 3 weeks. Shipping time took about half of that time. I'm on the east coast and UPS was about 5 days both ways ( DJI paid for shipping). I had to send it back at which point DJI had it shipped overnight air which must have cost them a bundle.
P3 was fixed in 2 days and sent back via ground.

Three weeks after signed UPS arrival in CA - Was hoping all the negative feedback was over blown, but guess not.

Saw this press release from a while back touting improved customer service steps in CA - 3 years later and seems even worse....

LOS ANGELES, February 21, 2014 – DJI, a global leader in consumer drones, today announced the official opening of its newest support office, located in Los Angeles. The office provides customer support, services products and handles North American logistics.

“We are excited to offer DJI fliers a new level of support to help them be more creative,” said DJI CEO Frank Wang. “Our Los Angeles office brings over 30 years of combined customer service support and more than 20 years of experience in the aerial industry and is dedicated to bringing first-class support to our growing customer base in North America.”

The office was officially established in December 2013 and office staff have been intensively trained to provide the best possible support to DJI’s customers. It currently handles hundreds of technical calls per day and is equipped to provide repairs and part replacements.

With the addition of this new office, DJI now has four key customer support hubs and repair centers across Asia, Europe and North America.

“As DJI continues to expand, we want to ensure our customers have the best possible experience with our products,” said Mr. Wang. “We are placing a particular emphasis on further growing our pool of talented engineers and support staff.”

So, to be fair - a tech support rep did begin email communications today that was not in the "automated" customer service. He took the effort to apologize for delays and mentions the Carson relocation situation. Nice to at least get a "direct" reply.

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We apologize for the delay because we transferred our facility that cause some of the repair to be delayed and process.
For the website, we can understand that this created confusion since the website is updated by bulk.
Upon checking here in your case, one of our higher level of support already requested to have this expedite shipping for your concern and facility team are doing their best to resolve your concern at the soonest possible time. Please bear with us.

STILL WAITING - Nearly a month since received in Carson (tho their update states a week after UPS confirmation). Phone, emails, online chat and DJI forum.

April 4th: first DJI chat with Robert stated "turnaround 7-10 days", After 14 days, email from Myra " one of our higher level of support already requested to have this expedite", After 21 days email from Lilian C: "We have escalated your Case to get this updated and shipped back to you as soon as possible". Today, 25 days later on DJI forum from DJI Jamie (DJI Team): "The repair facility is aware of your case and is looking to get this addressed ASAP.".

Sure, fine, whatever. It clearly seems all "support" inquiries go into an automated program/algorithm and after it scans the key words like "repair", "update", "delays", etc. it simply spits out the same response. Seriously do not believe that anyone (including the phone rep) is human. Stunning level of customer service failure.

Aircraft came home today. So fiive weeks since shipping to Carson. In their possessions for 24 days.It seems that as others have shared that it is still about 3 weeks in their facility and then shipping days added to that. Testing today went fine, but it was only a broken gimbal arm bracket and ribbon that was replaced.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl