Please help, Phantom 4 gimbal issues

Reaction score
Warm greetings everyone... I have a P4 and I crashed a couple of days ago, sadly!. Afterwards the drone turns on, the camera from the pitch motor goes up and down but then goes limp....the roll motor jerks frantically (freezing and jerking with a squeaky sound around both roll and pitch), jumping like its having a hard time break dancing and then eventually goes limp, If touched a bit, it jumps back into jerking and noise, trying to stabilize at the roll motor.meanwhile error message on screen says 'gimbal overload'. Somehow the camera still pitches up and down from the controller, yaw seems to be fine and the camera feed is still perfect but obviously tilted due to the collapsed gimbal. Please I humbly need assistance in resolving this issue. Thank you in anticipation.

Warm greetings everyone... I have a P4 and I crashed a couple of days ago, sadly!. Afterwards the drone turns on, the camera from the pitch motor goes up and down but then goes limp....the roll motor jerks frantically (freezing and jerking with a squeaky sound around both roll and pitch), jumping like its having a hard time break dancing and then eventually goes limp, If touched a bit, it jumps back into jerking and noise, trying to stabilize at the roll motor.meanwhile error message on screen says 'gimbal overload'. Somehow the camera still pitches up and down from the controller, yaw seems to be fine and the camera feed is still perfect but obviously tilted due to the collapsed gimbal. Please I humbly need assistance in resolving this issue. Thank you in anticipation.
Have you tried a gimble calibration,,,,whe drone is off is there any unwanted friction or noise coming from gimble motors,they are weak motors and can't take much of a knock,,,,and welcome to da forum from little NZ

Have you tried a gimble calibration,,,,whe drone is off is there any unwanted friction or noise coming from gimble motors,they are weak motors and can't take much of a knock,,,,and welcome to da forum from little NZ
Thanks for responding... Yes I have calibrated both IMU and compass multiple times. And there are no sounds or signs of friction when drone is off. Right now I don't know if the problem is from the roll motor - which seems to be the joint that keeps jerking and dancing when ON. I opened the back casing that houses that chip behind the roll motor and disconnected that cable that comes out the casing and the jerking/dancing stops but the entire gimbal remains limp...if I plug it back and turn on the drone, the jerking/dancing/noise starts again.

Thanks for responding... Yes I have calibrated both IMU and compass multiple times. And there are no sounds or signs of friction when drone is off. Right now I don't know if the problem is from the roll motor - which seems to be the joint that keeps jerking and dancing when ON. I opened the back casing that houses that chip behind the roll motor and disconnected that cable that comes out the casing and the jerking/dancing stops but the entire gimbal remains limp...if I plug it back and turn on the drone, the jerking/dancing/noise starts again.
Ok the ribbons control most workings and sounds like it might be crook even though it looks ok,,all you can really do is buy ribbon cable set and change that one out,,if still same result it could be gimble board behind cam,,,always good to have spares in ocations like this to try,,can't be major cause you cam working so unfortunately I would start with ribbon set,,,pretty cheap to buy but don't buy non dji or might not work at all,,the spacing in ribbon cable joins are different size and don't match properly

Reactions: Capt KO
OK. I'll buy the ribbon and circuit board, replace and see which works. Thanks alot. I'll update the progress.

Reactions: Capt KO
[QUOTE = "Dronafrik, publicación: 1463268, miembro: 121676"]
Saludos cordiales a todos ... ¡Tengo un P4 y me estrellé hace un par de días, por desgracia! Luego, el dron se enciende, la cámara del motor de cabeceo sube y baja, pero luego se debilita ... el motor de balanceo se mueve frenéticamente (se congela y se sacude con un sonido chirriante alrededor del balanceo y el tono), saltando como si sufriera un duro se rompe el tiempo y finalmente se debilita, si tocas un poco, salta de nuevo a sacudidas y ruido, trata de estabilizarse en el motor del rodillo. Mientras tanto, el mensaje de error en la pantalla dice 'sobrecarga del cardán'. De alguna manera, la cámara todavía se mueve hacia arriba y hacia abajo desde el controlador, yaw parece estar bien y la alimentación de la cámara sigue siendo perfecta pero obviamente inclinada debido al cardán colapsado.Humildemente necesito ayuda para resolver este problema. Gracias de antemano.
[/ CITAR]
Ese problema es típico de cable flex defectuoso. Siempre hay que revisar todo para estar seguro de que no hay otro problema que se nos esté escapando, pero probablemente cambiando el flex se soluciona. Lo digo por experiencia ya que soy técnico de drones acá en Argentina. Si el problema persiste puede comunicarse conmigo y lo asesoraré al respecto.

Saludos cordiales.
Mauricio Cruz.
mauriciocruzdrones.com

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl