Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Please don't judge me...color grading/correction tool

Discussion in 'Video/Photo Editing' started by sitecre8r, May 22, 2018.

1. sitecre8r

Hi All,

Been piloting for 8 months, recently qualified. Things going quite well.

But...I'd like a FAST-TRACK tool that has a bunch of quality PRESETS to help with color correction.

- I don't want to sit with a bunch of sliders and dials, until I think I have the right look. My mind just can't keep up
    - I DO want to click on a bunch of presets, and then use the one I like the look of best. Visually, I can copw with this

Thanks,

SC

2. With The Birds

Judge you how?

Do you have any editing software? A good solution might be to get a few LUT packages. You can go a long way with these to getting pleasing output with minimal fiddling- you would only need to play with two sliders, white and black points and apply the LUT you like the look of.

Ripper7620 and BigAl07 like this.
  3. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

As stated above LUTS can save a lot of time but keep in mind they are someone else's idea of "The perfect scenario" and may or may NOT fit your eye.

Ripper7620 likes this.
  4. Ripper7620

Agreed to the above statements, both Davinci Resolve and Premiere Pro come with free LUTs, as well as free film looks. Just add a LUT, and/or film look, and then fine tune the intensity, as well as other minor corrections.

BigAl07 likes this.