Reaction score
Learning the camera setting. Hope I'm getting better

Attachments

• 156 (3).JPG
    156 (3).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 273
Reactions: sdileon
Learning the camera setting. Hope I'm getting better
Keep trying, sunsets generally look better substantially underexposed, compared to the exposure settings for general photography. It will darken and bring out the sky colors. For a test, since a sunset isn't going to go anywhere for a few minutes, take a series of shots, each one lowering the amount of light, through either higher shutter speed, larger f stop, or lowering the ev sensitivity on the camera. I don't know which bird you have. Sunsets are great subjects.

Keep trying, sunsets generally look better substantially underexposed, compared to the exposure settings for general photography. It will darken and bring out the sky colors. For a test, since a sunset isn't going to go anywhere for a few minutes, take a series of shots, each one lowering the amount of light, through either higher shutter speed, larger f stop, or lowering the ev sensitivity on the camera. I don't know which bird you have. Sunsets are great subjects.

I have a phantom 4 advance, I been trying to balance the sky and the ground detail how much light they are, it seams to get good sky color the ground detail is dark and to get good ground detail the color of the sunset goes away .

Simply change the exposure comp setting and shoot a few @ 0, -1. -2. -3. And try the plus side, too. If you expose a bit under to enhance the sunset, the foreground will usually go quite dark. Compensate for that and over expose, then blend the two images in post, or try shadow recovery on the ones with the sunset proper, and see if that is sufficient.

I have a phantom 4 advance, I been trying to balance the sky and the ground detail how much light they are, it seams to get good sky color the ground detail is dark and to get good ground detail the color of the sunset goes away .
Don't worry about the ground. The two are almost mutually exclusive when you are doing sunsets.

Attachments

• DSC01535.JPG
    DSC01535.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 184
Don't worry about the ground. The two are almost mutually exclusive when you are doing sunsets.

Don't worry about the ground? Really? Many fine sunset images have an important foreground. Just because yours doesn't does not make it the rule.

Some times just a little foreground can bring your photo into perspective. See below.
1501385954981.jpg

Reactions: LARA images
Here is a west Texas sunrise in the oil and gas fields. Try with both filters and no filters. Can set a dramatic setting.
1501385955873.jpg

With the drone hovering take a picture like you did above, then adjust the aperture two stops up from that, take another picture, then go two stops down from the original shot and take a third. Pretty much any decent photo app today can combine the three pictures and allow you to make minor adjustments to your taste. I hate to use the term HDR because it's use is so overblown these days. Experiment, try different stop settings, different software, etc. But more importantly, have fun. Its great having a camera with a 400 foot long invisible tripod.

Reactions: SeattleDrone
With the drone hovering take a picture like you did above, then adjust the aperture two stops up from that, take another picture, then go two stops down from the original shot and take a third. Pretty much any decent photo app today can combine the three pictures and allow you to make minor adjustments to your taste. I hate to use the term HDR because it's use is so overblown these days. Experiment, try different stop settings, different software, etc. But more importantly, have fun. Its great having a camera with a 400 foot long invisible tripod.

Thanks I'll give that a try when ever the weather drys up a bit, in 6 months or so lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj