Plastic peeling off

Reaction score
The plastic behind the obstacle avoidance like the little square is peeling off. No crashes or mistreated on the drone. I've babied this drone and I have paid 1500 for it after selling my bike. Why the heck would it peel off?

Got a photo?

IMG_2329.JPG

Just to make sure, your referring to the vertical line the length of the landing gear?
No, that was there when I got it. I'm referring to near the middle there is plastic missing if if you look closesly you can see it

I don't think there's a lot to be done with that one. There are two screws in that area to hold the leg in place, so as long as it's not loose, you have what you have?

When did you purchase it, and was it new? Looks like the leg seam might be separating. I looked at my Phantom and can clearly see a seam running up and down the leg, but unlike yours, it is not separated. Did you try applying pressure to see if it can be snapped back together? I doubt it though. Just a shot in the dark.

Looks like DJI outsourced their Quality Control. We are it.

I don't think there's a lot to be done with that one. There are two screws in that area to hold the leg in place, so as long as it's not loose, you have what you have?
Yeah, so no big deal? I do have dji care refresh. Is this a common issue?

When did you purchase it, and was it new? Looks like the leg seam might be separating. I looked at my Phantom and can clearly see a seam running up and down the leg, but unlike yours, it is not separated. Did you try applying pressure to see if it can be snapped back together? I doubt it though. Just a shot in the dark.

Looks like DJI outsourced their Quality Control. We are it.
Yeah, it was new. When I get get home I will try that.

I'm referring to near the middle there is plastic missing if if you look closesly you can see it
I looked closely and I do not see the missing/peeling plastic piece. If the outside of the shell is truly peeling, I'm sure it's something DJI would fix under warranty or at least DJI Care Refresh. Just know that you're most likely going get someone else's refurbished Phantom back after you send yours in.

It's just below the horizontal line. You have to zoom in to see it. Same here, I would wonder what would be returned.

You have to zoom in to see it.
When I click to view the full-size image and/or zoom in, it's too blurry to see it clearly.

If the plastic is only peeling off on the panel that snaps into the landing gear, another option would be to buy a new set of landing gear and replace the panel yourself. Unfortunately, DJI won't just send you a new set of landing gear or that plastic panel to fix it yourself.

s-l1600.jpg

When I click to view the full-size image and/or zoom in, it's too blurry to see it clearly.

If the plastic is only peeling off on the panel that snaps into the landing gear, another option would be to buy a new set of landing gear and replace the panel yourself. Unfortunately, DJI won't just send you a new set of landing gear or that plastic panel to fix it yourself.

View attachment 84460
So nothing is wrong with my landing gear? Someone said it looked separated.

Someone said it looked separated.
Some of the joints on my P4P landing gear are more separated looking than others. None of them look the same.

Do the joints feel solid when you press the landing gear between your fingers? If you feel any movement, there probably is some separation going on there. If it feels solid, it's probably nothing to worry about. Phantoms are hand-built, so they are not all exact.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl