Plasti Dip + Phantom 4 Case? Why not?!

The case that comes with the P4 is definitely suitable until you can pick up another one. That way you don't have to destroy your P3 case
Yeah but my p3 case will serve no purpose once my p4 arrives. It's not like I'll ever fly the p3 again ??? It's a shame because it's a nice *** setup 4 batteries, 24 spare props, 3 different gimble protectors, numerous windsurfers ...all for nothing. I doubt I'd get what I want for it so it will either sit or I'll just end up giving it to my friend who absolutely loves it. Already scooped 3 batteries for my new baby!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ah gotcha. I plan on keeping my 2 P3Ps for backups and for my wife to fly. In many of my projects I have her using one of the P3Ps to get more angles and such. She has a "different" eye for certain things that can sometimes complement the story that I am going for. Or sometimes it just makes it so she isn't asking me tons of questions lol.

Ah gotcha. I plan on keeping my 2 P3Ps for backups and for my wife to fly. In many of my projects I have her using one of the P3Ps to get more angles and such. She has a "different" eye for certain things that can sometimes complement the story that I am going for. Or sometimes it just makes it so she isn't asking me tons of questions lol.
Can you fly 2 drones close to each other without the signal getting all jacked? If so I'll keep mine and let the wife fly it

Can you fly 2 drones close to each other without the signal getting all jacked? If so I'll keep mine and let the wife fly it

Yep, no problem. We make sure they are running on different channels. Not sure if that is required, but I Iike to be overly cautious.

Where do I buy that stuff? What color did you use. It looks fantastic!

I know you can get it a Lowes and Menards. This color is just flat black. If you want other, more exotic colors you can go to dipyourcar.com and find lots of colors.

Reactions: Hovtech
Home Depot by me sells orange and red. Gonna try to do mine orange

Too windy to fly here so I stopped at HD and picked up two cans of Rust-Oleum FlexiDip. Turned out ok. I will do until my hardshell case ships from DJI. Also the RC is hard to slide in and out so I cut down a gallon plastic bag and now it comes out easy. No chemical reaction to the foam.

Attachments

• IMG_5060.jpg
    IMG_5060.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 830
  • IMG_5061.jpg
    IMG_5061.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 831
  • IMG_5062.jpg
    IMG_5062.jpg
    822.8 KB · Views: 837
  • IMG_5063.jpg
    IMG_5063.jpg
    976.2 KB · Views: 833
Too windy to fly here so I stopped at HD and picked up two cans of Rust-Oleum FlexiDip. Turned out ok. I will do until my hardshell case ships from DJI. Also the RC is hard to slide in and out so I cut down a gallon plastic bag and now it comes out easy. No chemical reaction to the foam.

That looks pretty sharp.

Reactions: rhoffart

Great job! Looks good.

Great idea! It's gotta help.

I used the spray plasti-dip on the inside of my hard case. I got a $50 hard case from MCM and had to cut and modify the foam myself to fit the bird and accessories. Sprayed a few layers on the foam on the inside and it rubberized it nice. Great product. If I was using the P4 I'd do this for sure.

Great idea! It's gotta help.

I used the spray plasti-dip on the inside of my hard case. I got a $50 hard case from MCM and had to cut and modify the foam myself to fit the bird and accessories. Sprayed a few layers on the foam on the inside and it rubberized it nice. Great product. If I was using the P4 I'd do this for sure.

Traveled with it this weekend and it help up great!

Just an update, this stuff is holding up nicely. I am purposely being really rough on it and it isn't budging.

MinWax Polycrylic works good as well if you want to just put a clear coat on it. Its water soluble and you can brush it on in your house. Mine seems to be holding up pretty good. Dont use Polyurethane, it will melt the Styrofoam.

MinWax Polycrylic works good as well if you want to just put a clear coat on it. Its water soluble and you can brush it on in your house. Mine seems to be holding up pretty good. Dont use Polyurethane, it will melt the Styrofoam.
awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing